𖥻 chapter twenty one

𖥻 chapter twenty one"so happy, oblivious to the reality

"so happy, oblivious to the reality."

꒰💭꒱

paris, 15/01/19 00:01 AM

"happy birthday love." mia whispered while positioning herself on his lap, a plate on her hands, as juyeon saw the lit candles stuck on the cake being mirrored in her eyes, her having a struggle to bring it in a decent place.

"give it to me babe." he said, now both of them having a hold of the plate, as mia cleared her throat and started singing the birthday song for him. juyeon got immediately taken aback by that, looking at the girl with wide eyes.

it's not that mia had a bad voice, besides he had heard her singing before, and her voice was nowhere between bad. just that, this night, her voice seemed strangely magestic and pretty much alluring, that when she stopped, he was still left with a mouth agape.

 "was it that bad?" she shyly asked, head lowering as he blinked a few times, shaking his head. "what's the meaning of bad when it comes to you?" he asked, the girl smiling as she chinned towards the cake. "make a wish."

juyeon thought for a bit, tho what he wanted to wish for was hitting each corner of his brain till last night. he had lost any hope in his birthday wishes getting granted since his tenth birthday but, tonight, he wanted to believe that it'll come true.

"be with me. forever." he said, blowing on the candles as the room dove in darkness, the only light coming from the window, where the curtain was tucked on the side.

mia placed the cake on the coffee table while still sitting on his lap, her hands wrapping around his waist and her head nuzzling on the crook of his neck. "you know, you don't have to wish for things that are meant to be."

she couldn't see it, yet juyeon's face was lit by a smile, wide enough to make her realise that he did so. she placed a small, soft kiss on his neck, her hands searching for his as she intertwined their fingers.

"I love you juju, and I promise I'll always do." she whispered, juyeon feeling warmth spreading at his heart. it felt so right, having her close to him, with promises and kisses filling their midnight.

maybe...maybe not, mia has won his heart fully, and soyeon was nothing but a sweet, but sour memory.

"shall we sleep now?" she asked, yawning in the process as her hands stretched upwards. he chuckled at her sleepy state, smiling while fixing her hair. "I guess we have to, I don't want you to look like a zombie tomorrow."

"huh? I don't remember you being this caring when we sleep at four in the freaking morning and have work tomorrow!" she exclaimed, juyeon furrowing his brows. "what work? we won't attend work tomorrow bubba! I filled absence for both of us."