𖥻 chapter twenty six

𖥻 chapter twenty six"you could have just talked to me!"

"you could have just talked to me!"

꒰💭꒱

paris, 07/11/19 08:30 AM

"okay, listen up!" hyunsuk called for everyone's attention, as mia dragged her eyes from her laptop to the now black haired boy, trying to catch her pen almost falling off her desk, yet juyeon was there to do so.

"thanks, mr pen saviour!" she smiled while whispering, juyeon chuckling as he placed the pen next to her cup of coffee. "where's the croissant stealer?" shrugging, mia leaned a tad bit to the back, having a glimpse of hyunsuk. "this nickname has to take a break from time to time."

"bish, just listen!" the boy snapped, seeing how no one in there took him for serious, yet was surprised enough to find all eyes turned to him after his one attempt of screaming.

"sukie, calm your tits down and just talk!" mia playfully scolded, as the boy stuck his tongue out and grabbed a pack of papers from his own desk. "it's your birthday in a few days, you're turning older, so shush!"

"shush your ass! we only are a year apart, what the hell!" she found her body jerking up from her chair, her fists balling with juyeon trying to reach for her coat. "babe, calm down!"

"he insulted-sjshsjsbsn!" he placed his big ass palm over her mouth, sealing it while giving a nervous glance to everyone, followed by a sheepish smile. he then lowered his head and whispered into her ear. "you better shut it right now."

the girl sighed, feeling weak enough to fight back (for the moment), as she flicked her wrist towards hyunsuk, signaling for him to start speaking. the boy only smiled in victory, as he raised the papers on his eye level and cleared his throat.

"november fools!" he laughed out, as all the workers inside the apartment exchanged a couple of confused looks, mia standing up and running her way to the boy. he grabbed him by the ear and whispered through gritted teeth. "is this what I, as your mom, taught you huh?"

the boy could only shake his head, as she let go of his ear and smiled. "you better never do this again cause, you didn't only insult ME, but you also fooled a whole group of twenty five people!"

"sorry mom." he said in a low voice, as he stepped away from her, running his way out of the room, in case mia wanted to chase him (in fact, she was just to busy to keep running around, chasing this devil of a kid).

she heard someone faintly chuckling, turning around in the process of rolling her eyes, knowing for well who it was. "this kid is such a trouble, that's what I've realised." "sure! that's why dennis the menace is shaking."

brian chuckled, as he shook his head while looking at the floor. "I mean, you ain't wrong." he said, mia nudging him with her shoulder as she laughed. "yeah, cause I'm always right." the man whistled, pointing at her with his two index fingers. "confidence is overflowing!"

"dad, mom is cheating on you." hyunsuk said while passing by juyeon, the raven immediately shooting his head up while searching with his sharp eyes for her. it wasn't that hard tho, since today, mia decided to wear one of his own hoodies (and he knew his wardrobe by heart).

the wave of jealousy would other times wash over him, yet it had stopped doing so way long ago, as it did with kevin. when mia finally spoke the truth for both cases, he made sure no brian would hurt her ever again, and no kevin would come near her.

unbeknownst her, both males were being threatened.

"wanna go for a walk today? I'm free-" "but I'm not." he abruptly cut off what should have been an offer or (even better) the reminder of their thursday habit since a month ago, and this specific thing made mia's frown become wider.

"why you gotta be so rude?" she sang, trying to find out what bothered her boyfriend and, at the same time, lighten up the mood. what she achieved, was an angry look from him, as well as a scoff, then the legendary 'who said I'm rude?'

she tilted her head in confusion, as he stood up and leaving their shared bedroom. she stayed glued on her spot, staring blankly at the ceiling while searching for an answer to the only thing she could be wondering at such a moment.

"why's he like that?"

seeing how the white coloured ceiling had no answer, she let out a heavy sigh and decided to take a walk by herself. wearing her coat and boots, grabbing her keys and wallet from the bed side table and walking to the living room.

she found juyeon sitting on the kitchen table, nibbling on his fingernails while typing on the laptop's keyboard with one hand, his tie loose around his neck and his white shirt unbuttoned. she sadly smiled, opening the door and leaving the apartment.

she should have known better.

she blew on her hands, trying to maintain them warm while walking down the street. the cold air of november brushed her face, as a faint smile formed on her chapped lips. widening her eyes, a sigh escaped them, for forgetting how she put no lip balm this time.

"mia?" a rather familiar voice called, as she turned around and faked a smile for the sake of the old lady before her. "good evening mrs alec. how've you been doing? it's been a while."

the said woman nodded at her words. "I've been doing all fine, just some pain here in the chest, but nothing to worry about-" "mrs alec, it's not something you don't have to worry about. you shall go and have a look at it, please."

the girl almost pleaded while uttering those words, remembering how yuqi was also complaining about chest pain, yet turned out to be something fatal for her. mia didn't want to lose another important to her person, and that was the least she could do for now.

the woman smiled, as she patted the girl's shoulder. "just like your mom, always caring for the others. I am so happy you took this beautiful trait of hers, it's a gift that not many people have. I can tell, for knowing you since you were in diapers!"

mia laughed, as the presence of her mom's childhood friend and her very own 'second mom' was nothing but warm. she felt blessed this cold night of the november, lucky that she wouldn't spend it all alone, but with a figure beloved to her.

"so, where's your boyfriend? I haven't seen him in a while." she asked, mia's small smile slowly turning into a frown. she shot her head on her side, looking at the woman. "he's home alone. to be honest, I have no idea why it's happening, but he's acting really weird. I don't think it's from what happened those months ago, we cleared everything in october."

mrs alec nodded, looking at the front while thinking. "I won't hide you the truth dear, but in fact, I saw juyeon a couple of days ago." she started, and mia knew where this was going (a reason being that she's a sucker for romance and she's seen so many movies, the plots being a simple game to her).

"I was pretty sure that you knew, but after what you told me, I doubt myself." she then looked at her, finding her wide open eyes looking at her. "I saw him with a woman, maybe near your age. they were seated at his cafe, right at the front."

she pointed at a specific table with two chairs, that another couple was seated. mia would love to visualize her and juyeon in their shoes, but the mysterious girl suddenly entering the frame had to ruin it.

"the worst part is that he noticed me and never greeted. I guess you should keep a close, very close eye on him." she kept talking, mia already feeling the corners of her eyes dancing from the heavy tears weightening them.

she couldn't exactly realise, what she hadn't given him to deserve this, whether was it true or not. she should be more careful from now on, as she have heard nothing. it may be hard, but maybe (or maybe not) it'll save their relationship.

and maybe...that's when it took the downfall.