4. Lies upon Lies

McGonagall's POV

She had paced and paced up and down her classroom over and over again.She couldn't conceal her anger and her concern any longer.She hurried to Dumbledore's office every step echoing across the empty halls.After spending all that time in the muggle's home by the time they returned to Hogwarts, the night sky stretched over the castle.

Finally she reached the entrance but instead of the statue that would wait for password to be spoken, the staircase was already exposed.She had finally reached the office and there he was Albus Dumbledore, sitting there, writing something on parchment.

"Ah Minerva, I was beginning to think you weren't going to come"

"Albus enough, no cheek, no wise retorts, no jokes.Do you realise what you have done?"

"Yes I do, I offered a child the magical education they deserve."

"Albus, what did I tell you about the retorts?!"

"I apologise for that, Minerva.However you owe an apology as well."

"To you, pray tell Albus what in the hell do I need to apologise to you for?"

"Not to me but to (Y/N)."

"That child monster, well Albus unless you have him in the office I'm not apparating back there!"

"MINERVA!"

Dumbledore who mere moments ago was calm, cool and collected sitting at his desk had risen up so suddenly and violently the ink bottle in which he was dipping his quill in had been knocked over and caused in to begin running on the table and down onto the floor.

"ALBUS, IF HE IS ANYTHING LIKE HIS FATHER HE IS VERY MUCH A MONSTER!"

Dumbledore and Minerva stared at each other with such intensity the air around them began to become dense.Finally, Dumbledore sat back down at his desk and picked up his wand. Flicking it lazily the ink had risen up and returned to its bottle.

Dumbledore raised his elbows onto his desk, clasped his hands together and rested his forehead onto the back of them.

"He has never met his father, he has lived with muggles for 9 years and is basically an honorary muggle."

"Albus do I look li-"

Dumbledore stared directly at McGonagall and held his hand up motioning for her to be quiet.

"Why should the boy be denied this education Minerva? It would be, as I told you, unfair to judge him based on the actions of his father."

"Fine, but stop being a hypocrite!"

Dumbledore looked semi-confused but understood as McGonagall spoke.

"Why should the boy be denied the knowledge of his true past Albus? Surely lying to him is arguably worse than if he didn't know of the Wizarding World's existence in the first place."

"I understand where you are coming from."

"However..."

Dumbledore looked sterner now than in all the years McGonagall had known him, and she knows that's been a damn long time.

"(Y/N) does not need to know this yet, I promise I will tell him when the time is right."
Motioning for McGonagall to leave, she did just that.