18. Mental Conversations and Troll Confrontation

Harry's POV

As the three of them descended the staircase (Y/N) groaned in frustration and began making his way back to the room.

"Where are you going?"

"Ron all you had to do was put the cloak over your shoulder. How could you forget to do that?"

"Oh sorry."

The two of them made their way into the Common Room where they were met by Hermione. She asked where (Y/N) was and Ron just responded by saying he must've forgotten something.

They were talking about the plan until they heard a ribbit. The three looked at the armrests on an unoccupied armchair and saw Trevor. Ron tried his best to shoo away Trevor but soon it was discovered the chair they thought was unoccupied had actually been sat in by Neville Longbottom.

"You're sneaking out again aren't you?"

"Now Neville listen we were -"

"No I won't let you, I can't let Gryffindor lose more house points. Uhh uhh I'll fight you."

Unfortunately Neville was serious and raised his fists to the group. Harry was about to speak but Hermione raised her wand and spoke.

"Neville I'm really, really sorry about this. Petrificus Totalus."

What appeared to be ice shot out of Hermione's wand and as it connected with Neville, his arms snapped down to his sides and he started to fall to the floor. Until he was stopped mid air and started to wobble slightly, his feet slightly of the ground.

"I didn't know the spell levitated them as well."

"You can be really scary sometimes, you know that!"

"Yeah she can be really scary. She can be brilliant as well though, good spell 'Mione."

The last voice wasn't Hermione's or Ron's but in fact (Y/N)'s. The three of them turned around to see the cloak draped over his shoulder and his wand in hand.

"Wait so you're the one levitating Neville? I knew the spell didn't levitate."

(Y/N) used his free hand, passed Ron the cloak and began to levitate Neville over to the sofa. He wrapped him in a blanket and put a pillow behind his head, after doing that he asked Harry and the others a question.

"Were you lot just going to let Neville hit the floor and then leave him here?"

Full of shame Harry, Hermione and Ron just hung their heads, not even attempting to answer the question. (Y/N) just groaned and told them to hurry up.

...

The four of them walked real slowly with the cloak under them, not making a sound and no one spotting them. They passed no teachers or any other person. They kept walking until they say Mrs Norris sitting in the middle of an otherwise deserted corridor.

"Can we go over their to kick her? Might be the only chance we get."

"I may hate Filch, but as a cat owner Ron if I find out you've been kicking cats I'll hunt you down. Understand?"

Ron just nodded and went to speak until Mrs Norris started hissing. At first Harry thought that someone's feet weren't covered, until (Y/N)'s cat Soot came running from behind and lunged at Mrs Norris.

"Normally cat in cat fights aren't something I'd want Soot to be a part of but this is fine."

"Why in the hell is she here anyway (Y/N)? I thought she slept on your bed at night?"