15. Awful Apology and Sinister Comedy

(Y/N) left the Common Room and went down to the first place he though Hermione would be.

As he walked to the library he passed Peeves, "Oi (Y/N)! Thanks for the tip you gave a while ago!"

(Y/N) didn't stop walking, "Don't mention it Peeves. Seriously I'd rather not get detention with Filch."

He walked through the library and peered down each corner. He thought Hermione really hadn't come to the library until he saw a large amount of brown hair bobbing up and down through the bookshelves.

He walked to where he saw the mass of brown hair and saw Hermione on her tip toes trying to reach a book. "Do you want any help?" She let out a little yelp and turned to face (Y/N). She went scarlet and just nodded.

He grabbed the book and as soon as he held it out to Hermione she grabbed it and walked away as fast she could. Unfortunately she was carrying a mountain of books and didn't get very far before walking directly into a shelf.

She fell over backwards and would've have hit the floor if not for (Y/N). He luckily managed to catch her before she hurt herself any further. He helped her get back upright and began to pick up a pile of books. "I get this half, you grab that half and we can get cracking on."

Hermione looked hesitant but picked up her half and led (Y/N) to her table. "Wow Hermione! You really planned to get through all of this in one day?"

(Y/N) was led to a table with a real mountain of books, he let his mouth hang open as the two of them sat down. Unfortunately not a sound was made between the two.

...

Hermione's POV

The two of them had sat in silence for at least three hours. The only sound that came from the table was the turning of pages. The awkwardness clearly hadn't left the two.

"Hermione."

Looking up she saw (Y/N) staring at her intently. She put a book in front of her face to block (Y/N) out.

"Hermione can we please talk?"

She offered him no response and she just hid her face behind her book. She couldn't look at him or let alone speak to him but he was persistent.

"Are you mad at me or just embarrassed because I want an answer and I'm not leaving you alone until you answer me."

Please just leave me alone.

However she was was far too nice, "I'm not embarrassed or mad at you. It's just that...it's you." She finally put her book down and saw (Y/N)'s face and realised her mistake.

"Oh I'm sorry I'm so disgusting Hermione! Want me to leave because you find me so repulsive?" He hadn't even bothered to listen to her any further and went to pack his books away.

"(Y/N)! I didn't mean it like that!" He wasn't even bothering to listen to her and just kept walking around the shelves to put his books back. "Oh! What did you mean then Hermione?" The spite in his tone sent a pain through her head and she could offer no answer.

"You know, I thought we were friends."

The words shook Hermione to her core and she could do nothing but stand there as he walked away.

Are you just going to let him leave? Go after him you idiot!

Hermione finally moved and sprinted towards (Y/N), when she caught up to him she hugged him from behind. "I just meant that you're special...it was just a shock. I'm really not angry, maybe I am a bit embarrassed but that doesn't matter. Can we just forget about it?" She tightened her grip and (Y/N) sighed.