16. Norwegian Ridgeback and Scaredycat or Scaredy-dog?

(Y/N)'s POV

There was only one word that could describe the day, awful...

Everywhere (Y/N) went he was given side eye, whispered about and barged into, not only by Slytherin but also by Hufflepuff. As three third year Hufflepuff's essentially choke slammed him to the floor and walked off, (Y/N) had finally given up.

What in the hell did I do to them!?

He tried to go to the library but he felt like all eyes were on him so he quickly left. He wanted to go to breakfast but he decided against it. Everywhere he went was hell so he decided to leave the castle for a bit and go outside.

(Y/N) wanted to do nothing and just be left alone. The revelation of who Nicolas Flamel was great and took a weight of (Y/N)'s mind but that peace didn't last long. He couldn't help but feel like he was unimportant in the search, he felt that Hermione, Harry and Ron didn't need him in anyway whatsoever. A thought that made itself known multiple times and added to (Y/N)'s sour mood.

(Y/N) kept walking and walking until he turned the corner.

THUD 

(Y/N) collided into someone and as they both fell to the floor, the person's books went up into air and landed hard on both the person's and (Y/N)'s heads.

Oh this is just what I need!

"Sorry wasn't paying attention." (Y/N) rubbed the back of his head, got up from the floor and held his hand out to the person he walked into. "Oh don't worry, I wasn't paying attention ei-"

(Y/N) had no idea why but the guy he collided into withdrew his hand with a look of fear on his face. He was a Hufflepuff and was either third year or above. "It's alright I don't need your help." Mystery Hufflepuff collected his stuff in a hurry and walked away with the same expression of fear.

(Y/N) could do nothing but internally scream in frustration. He again walked, this time out of the castle and just kept walking until he heard a booming voice, "Oi (Y/N)! Wha' do ya think yer doin'!"

Turning round he saw the giant man known as Hagrid making his way over to him. "Ya know firs' years ain't allowed in there, come on lad!" (Y/N) turned back to where he had been facing and realised he was about to enter the Forbidden Forest. Hagrid saw the expression (Y/N) had on his face and calmed himself, "Ya want to talk to someone? Come on in!"

Maybe I could actually get some peace in the forest.

However, he followed Hagrid into his hut and sat down. The first thing (Y/N) noticed was how messy it was, even if it had looked like it had there was an attempt of cleaning up. He saw a giant dog just laying on the floor asleep, and he noticed something else in the corner but then Hagrid spoke.

"I know all about wha' happened with Malfoy. Don't worry tho, I don't care about him." He handed (Y/N) a flagon of water that (Y/N) could barely hold in both his hands. "You alright tho (Y/N)?"

The genuine concern in his tone could do nothing but make (Y/N) smile. "Thanks Hagrid I'm fine." (Y/N) took a drink of the water as it spoke.

"Ooh lying so he doesn't worry, I love it but it's a bit cliche don't you think?"

The voice pricked (Y/N)'s head and caused him to choke on the water and spurt it out onto the floor. "I didn't give you ale did I!?" Hagrid snatched the jug from his hands and peered inside it. "No it's fine Hagrid, just went down the wrong pipe is all."

"I feel like you could be more hurtful. Tell him that the water tastes like sludge, his house is a disgrace and then walk off."

As much as it would be a pain to admit, the voice was really compelling to (Y/N). It felt like it wasn't just suggesting anymore, it was as if it was commanding him. However (Y/N) pushed the voice out of his mind as it spoke again.