10. Brackium and taking a Beating

The impact knocked the wind out of (Y/N) as he landed hard on the ground. The impact caused him to roll onto his side and cough up large amounts of blood onto the grass. The crowd screamed while the Slytherin's were holding back laughter, the Gryffindor team flew down to (Y/N) as Hooch blew her whistle and called a time out. "(Y/N) are you alright?" Alicia and Angelina called out in unison. Oliver got off his broom as soon as his feet hit the ground and sprinted down to him, "(Y/N) this is Oliver. Can go tell me if anything is broken?" Their voices faded into the background as (Y/N) drifted in and out of consciousness.

Are you really going to let that arse take you down like that? Seriously how much of a failure are you going to be in your life?

The voice in his head wasn't his, it felt sinister and was piercing his brain. (Y/N) would be lying if he said it didn't terrify him, but that didn't matter at the moment because what it was saying to him was completely true.

Harry's POV

(Y/N) was lying on his side, coughing up blood. The team crowded round him and pleaded for him to answer if he was alright. Harry saw (Y/N) was breathing but slowly, he couldn't hold it in anymore. Turning his back to the team he violently threw up, his friend might die and the thought was too much. Fred and George patted him on the back and told him it was going to be alright. "Harry trust us they won't get away with it. We're going to beat the hell out of there team when the match starts up again."

When it's starts up again?! (Y/N) might not wake up again!

That thought once again caused Harry to puke. Turning his head upwards he saw Flint smirking down on the sight clearly proud of himself. Again turning his head back to the team, Harry saw the other teammates huddled around (Y/N) and were asking him if he needed Pomfrey.

Then a voice croaked.

"Oh you know a few ribs, maybe my entire spine and probably a little bit of my skull are broken. I don't think we should trouble Pomfrey for something as silly as this."

Harry turned and saw (Y/N) had opened is eyes. He, Fred and George joined the huddle but like everyone one else on the team were quickly moved aside.

(Y/N)'s POV

"Oh no, there is absolutely no way you can continue. The match will have to finish now, the score is 30-50 to Slytherin." Madam Hooch's voice rang through announced. Then the sinister voice once again made itself known.

Nice you just cost your team the game, you were definitely going to win.

"How in the hell did Slytherin get more points?!" He turned his head to Oliver and watched his head droop. "When you got hit they went on to keep scoring goals until Hooch blew the whistle, I let them all in."

See what you've done now. Oliver is the best keeper in the world and you've done this to him because you can't play this game.

(Y/N) yelled out no matter how much pain it caused him. "Hooch! There isn't anyway in hell I'm letting them win! Give me a few minutes and I'll be back on my broom!"

Then a new presence made itself known.
"You cannot seriously believe you can carry in this kind of condition (Y/N)." McGonagall said, however no condescending tone or hate in her voice. There was nothing but concern and worry.

(Y/N) turned so he laid flat on his back, looked up to her and an idea sprouted in his head. "Professor let me play and I'll let you keep me in detention for the rest of the school year." No matter the temptation that was in McGonagall's eyes, she shut down that request.

"I believe McGonagall is the one everyone agrees with here." Dumbledore had made his way down and stood with the crowd. (Y/N) despite his body's internal scream, grabbed Oliver and Alicia's shoulders and quickly pulled himself up. "AAAHHH!" (Y/N) fell to the floor as soon as he had stood up, landing hard on his hands and knees and began to throw up blood. As he had done this he realised how much damage Flint had done,sickening cracks filled the air along with his scream. "(Y/N) don't over do it!" His teammates and teachers alike called out in distress. He looked up at the crowd of people and spoke.