1

Jaemin never thought in a million years he would hate someone as much as he hated Lee Jeno. There wasn't an ounce of admiration or love for the boy who had everyone else wrapped around his finger. He knew the feeling was mutual, which burned the fire in him even stronger.

The second he found out they would have to do fan service in front of cameras and even behind the scenes, he was beyond filled with anger. There was nothing that could bring him down from where he was mentally and he knew that, but he also knew he worked too damn hard to throw everything away by having a temper tantrum in front of the managers two weeks after they started promotions.

So that's why he decided the best option would be to pace the small length of his shared room, which wasn't doing much to calm his mind.

He knew he had to keep his cool, he spent too many hours practicing, crying, and sweating just to have Jeno ruin it for him. He had to toughen up and get through promotions, then he could take a break from everything and everyone for a while. That thought was the only thing keeping him from making mistakes that could never be forgiven.

The quiet tap of knuckles hitting his door brought him out of his spiralling thoughts. He practically sprint the few steps to the door and slammed it open. He was expecting Jisung at some point, just not so quick. Usually they all gave both him and Jeno time after they had "episodes."

"Hey, I know you're still... upset, but I don't know, we just really need you both to talk us through everything. We honestly don't have a clue what's going on and you both came in seething. We're pretty sure that means bad things."

"Is Jeno out there?" Jaemin asks shortly.

"I'm not going if that asshole is with you guys," Jaemin adds, his teeth grinding together in random rage.

Jisung sighs, his shoulders slumping with exhaustion.

"He's not out there, can you please just come talk to us. We care about you and we need you to be healthy and happy during this debut," Jisung says, putting his hands on Jaemin's shoulders.

He felt his tight muscles loosen at Jisung's touch and reluctantly took a step forward. Jisung quickly moved out of the way and followed closely behind as Jaemin made his way to the common room.

Jaemin was intently staring at the ground as he settled himself in the middle of the room, not wanting to meet anyones' judgeful eyes.

The clearing of someone's throat caused Jaemins' eyes to narrow quickly.

"You said he wasn't in here," as he lifts his gaze to Jisungs' terrified eyes.

"First of all, how the fuck could you tell who that was, all he did was clear his throat. Second of all, stop being such a bitch and tell us what's going on that's so important. Even Jeno won't tell us. His jaw has been locked ever since you two walked in, now be the bigger person and spill," Renjun spits out with visible irritation. Jaemin and Jeno both give him a surprised look but quickly settle back to their original anger.

Jaemin didn't want to say anything about it. Not one single thing, because that would mean it was real. Explaining the situation would mean they would have to go through with it.

He cleared his throat and looked straight ahead, ready as ever to change the course of the perfectly planned months ahead.

"Management said that me and Jeno need to start acting cute and friendly in front of cameras and go on little outings together because fans are starting to notice how much we hate each other because they've never seen us interact. They also said that we have to room together from here on out because they can't have a newly formed group have so much drama. They also said that we have to do at least two videos a week, just the two of us, on any platform. Oh, did I mention the two pictures we have to do a week? Yeah, sorry for leaving that out, and-" at this point Jaemin was throwing his hands in the air as he walked around everyone with the most sickly sweet smile anyone had ever seen on him.

Jaemin was about ready to start throwing things across the room, but was quickly startled out of his angered trance by Jeno loudly standing up. It took him a few more seconds to notice how angry Jeno looked.

Jaemin gulped, although he hated Jeno and hurt him in every way, he was smart enough to know that Jeno could break him in half. He tried to make eye contact with any of the other boys situated uncomfortably around the room but they were all just as terrified as he was.

"You make it seem like this was my idea. Do you think I want to be all lovey-dovey with you? You're the last person on this earth I would want to even lay a finger on. Look, neither of us ever thought it would ever get to this point right?" Jeno pointedly looked at Jaemin, waiting for an answer from the younger.

"Y-yeah, but you don't get to be the bigger person here! I ne-"

"Stop, just stop talking Jaemin. You knew there was no way out of it and you still fought with them, which made us both look bad. Thank the lord you had the right idea to politely walk out. Who knows what would've happened if you didn't. So yes Jaemin, I do get to be the bigger person, you almost ruined probably our only chance at making it in this industry, and you really think you can just-" Jeno threw his arms up in the air, trying to make his point clearer to everyone in the room.

"-Get away with it? No Jaemin, no. I know you, I know how you victimize yourself in every situation possible. News flash!! You're the bad guy almost every damn time!" Jeno yells in Jaemin's face, as they were eye to eye at this point. Jaemin felt the tears threatening to spill.

He took a slow step back, his teeth clenched and his jaw locked tight.

"Your right Jeno, for once you're right," Jaemin said, his voice shakier then he thought it would be.

Jaemin didn't want to run, that would prove Jeno's point so he fought against every desire in his body to sprint far away, and stood his ground with shaky hands and tears dripping down his face.

He hadn't even noticed Mark, Haechan, Jisung, Renjun, and Chenle until they all stood up, facing Jeno and Jaemin.

They all shared loaded looks that couldn't be deciphered by neither Jeno nor Jaemin.

"Look, we know that this is kind of a heavy moment for you guys already, but while you guys were talking with management we were discussing you guys as well," Mark looks around at the other boys. 

"We just want you guys to be able to be in the same room without having to take frequent breaks. We all know you guys individually, and we can't for the life of us figure out why you guys hate each other so much!" Mark finishes with the authoritative tone they all have only heard once or twice.

Jaemin and Jeno share a look, but quickly turn their attention back to Mark.

They could see how tired their other members were and guilt ate them up as exhausted eyes met theirs.

"We're going to try our hardest. Look, we've all already gone through so much together and we love you guys just as much as you love us, but it's just a little hard for me and Jaemin. Don't get me wrong though, we are really going to try this time. We promise, right?" Jeno looks over at Jaemin with a threatening look.

Jaemin was about ready to jump off the balcony and take Jeno with him, but he knew he had to agree, so he nodded his head reluctantly.

"Right."

It was going to be a long few months for everyone, and they knew it.

AN: Hey y'all! So yup, first chapter hope you like. Make sure to tell me what you think and comment!