4

"Jeno, Jaemin! Nice of you to join us!" Chenle says, obviously irritated.

Jeno and Jaemin sheepishly set their bags down on one of the tables in the practice room they were set up in for the Vlive. 

"Sorry," Jaemin says making his way towards the couch everyone else was already sat at. There was only one manager in the room, quickly tapping away at his phone.

Jeno quickly made a beeline for the spot at the very end of the couch, opposite of Jaemin, and was about to sit down when the manager cleared his throat.

The group looked up.

"I thought the deal was you two were going to be next to each other at all times," Jaemin's heart pumped loudly and his anxiety heightened.

Jeno quickly lowered his eyes, staring at the ground, apologizing over and over.

"I'm not mad, we just need to work harder for this. It's what you guys decided," the manager said in a reprimanding, teacher-like voice.

Jeno moved to the other side of the couch, greeting Jaemin with a cold look. 

Jaemin had no idea how he was going to control himself for the next hour, but he knew he had to try. Not for management or the group, but for himself. 

Jeno squeezed in between the side of the couch and Jaemin, throwing his arm over Jaemin's shoulders just like last night.

Jaemin's skin lit on fire from Jeno's touch as irritation ripped through him. Jaemin turned his head towards Jeno, trying his hardest not to say anything to poke the beast.

"I thought we were supposed to be nice at all times, like method acting," Jaemin said mockingly as Jeno's face turned red with anger.

"Look Jaemin, I already told you. I don't know how much more I can take of this and it's only been less that a day, I don't know how I was so calm last night but right now your face makes me want to puke," Jeno says with grinding teeth. 

Jaemin agreed with Jeno's statement whole-heartedly, as he was feeling the exact same way. Jaemin was about to hit back with a snarky remark, but took the chance to be the bigger person with open arms by turning his gaze straight forward.

Jaemin zoned everyone and everything out, trying to calm his mind before -what he was sure- the worst hour of his life.   

AN: Okay, it's super short I know. Sorry, I just felt like I needed to get a chapter done. Anyways please give feedback on what you think. Thanks!