24

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jaemin asks, not knowing how to feel or act.

"Jaemin!" his mom says, obviously upset at how greeted their guest.

"I-I had to see you, I had to talk to you," Jeno says rubbing the back of his neck, obviously just now realizing what he had just done.

"You had the chance to do that Jeno, I gave you so many chances. Why on earth did you come here? I- I left because of you," Jaemin says as he feels tears start to gather. 

"Jaemin, please. I believe everything you said about Sammy, I... I miss you," Jaemin scoffs at Jeno looking over at his mother who quickly makes her way towards the kitchen, obviously not wanting to get in the middle of whatever was happening.

"Jeno, there's nothing to miss. I've been gone for not even a day, we never had anything to miss anyways. You left, you said we couldn't do this. You need to stop messing with my head," Jaemin says softly, not wanting to fight again as he takes a step closer towards Jeno. 

"I know NaNa, I know-"

"Don't call me that Jeno, please," Jaemin says as tears well even higher than they were before.

Jeno takes a step closer, closing the gap even further as he places his hand on the side of Jaemin's neck.

"Tell me right now, do you love me?" Jaemin asks, ready to throw everything he had said before a way if he got the answer he wanted.

"Yes, more than anything," Jaemin wasn't able to answer as Jeno had crashed his lips on to Jaemin. Jaemin's wide eyes quickly closed as he seemingly melted. Jeno had moved his arms around Jaemin's waist as Jaemin moved his arms around Jeno's neck.

Jaemin was about ready to deepen the kiss, wanting-needing- more, when he realized where he was. He quickly pushed Jeno away and wiped his lips.

"I can't, not here," Jaemin says out of breath, looking towards the living room. He grabs Jeno's hand and leads him out of the house after sliding on his shoes.

Once they were far enough, in the tiny park right across from his house, Jaemin turned back towards Jeno with a small smile and blush.

"That happened way too fast," Jaemin says as Jeno takes both Jaemin's hands in to his. 

"It didn't happen quick enough," Jeno says as he leads them to a bench.

"Oh no, I am not sitting on that fucking bench," Jaemin says seriously. Jeno just laughs and pulls Jaemin on to his lap.

"I still hate you, you know," Jaemin says as he looks down at Jeno's eye smile, that admittedly gave Jaemin a field of butterflies. 

"Sure you do NaNa. If you don't mind me asking, why did we have to leave your house like that?" Jeno says nonchalantly. Jaemin's smile drifted away slightly as he looked down at his hands, moving off of Jeno's lap to sit next to him instead.

"My, my dad. If he saw us kissing, or even touching I honestly don't know what would happen. The last time... I just wouldn't want to risk it I guess," Jaemin says with a slight chuckle. 

"Hey, how did you come down here anyways? You told management right? They're going to be pissed if you didn't," Jaemin says quickly looking up towards Jeno who was already laughing. 

"I'm going back before tomorrow morning, no one will have to know," Jeno says as he throws his arm around Jaemin, Jaemin opted to laying his head on Jeno's shoulder.

Jaemin laughs at a thought that had just danced through his mind. "Jeno, we were just full-blown yelling at each other a few days ago. Now look at us, how'd we switch so quick?" Jaemin asks, genuinely curious. 

"I don't know, but you have to admit, they it was fucking fun to fight. It also strangely helped with stress, we should fight more often," Jeno says as Jaemin chuckles in to Jeno's shoulder.

Silence envelopes them comfortably as they sit there in each other's company, just enjoying finally being able to feel what they always have but never allowed themselves to. 

"Jeno, I have to go home at some point," Jaemin says as he wakes himself from his almost unconscious state.

"When's the last time you actually slept?" Jeno asks, as he stands up from the bench, Jaemin following soon after. 

"I sleep all the time," Jaemin says, looking at the ground. 

"NaNa, look at me," Jeno says softly. 

"When's the last time you had a full night's sleep and actually enjoyed it?" Jeno says seriously.

Jaemin groaned but thought back to the last time he had a decent sleep. He started laughing hysterically at the irony when he finally realized.

"What?" Jeno says with confusion.

"The last time I actually slept was when we slept in that little recliner a few months ago," Jaemin says still laughing. 

"Why are you laughing at that?" Jeno says, as he himself starts to chuckle as well.

"It's ironic NoNo," Jaemin says as he grabs hold of Jeno's hand and laces his fingers through the others'.

"Hey, what the fuck is that nickname?" Jeno says with a big eye smile.

"Don't like it? That sucks, deal with it," Jaemin says as he laughs even louder, taking in his surroundings. They were walking back across the street and were about to reach his front door.

They finally reached it and turned to each other.

Jeno grabbed the back of Jaemin's neck and leaned in, kissing him softer than before, which made Jaemin's knees weaker than ever.

"I don't care what happens next, I don't ever want to lose you," Jeno says as he rests his forehead against Jaemin's. 

Jaemin couldn't remember a time he felt happier than he did at that moment. 

"I love you Lee Jeno."

"I love you Na Jaemin."

-one year later-

"So tell us, what's the story between you two?" The interviewer asked, pointing towards Jeno and Jaemin. They look at each other with a smile, silently fighting over who would have to explain it this time. Jaemin was the loser.

"Well, it's really simple really, I don't know why everyone is so fascinated by it. Me and Jeno hated each other since debut, there were some changes that had to be made, lots of fighting, then boom! We're now.... best friends!" Jaemin says with a wide smile. 

Jaemin and Jeno had been secretly dating for just over a year, but they couldn't be happier. The entire group was more supportive than they could've ever imagined, though they kind of knew what to expect as they all saw it coming from a mile away. 

Management wasn't very happy about it and made them sign a contract to keep it a secret from the public, but that wasn't much of a bother to either Jaemin nor Jeno as neither of them wanted people knowing their business.

Since last year though, everyone had become fascinated by the story of Jaemin and Jeno, though heavily watered down. 

Jeno had proposed not even six months in to them dating, which wasn't much of a surprise to anyone but Jaemin, as Jeno had been talking about marrying Jaemin since the day they got back from Jaemin's house. 

Everything was good, Sammy was gone and Jaemin was now able to go weeks without having any sleeping problems, as long as Jeno was right next to him. 

Jaemin's heart was full as he looked over at Jeno, who was already looking at him with the biggest eye smile he'd seen yet. 

Jaemin couldn't be happier. 

AN: LAST CHAPTER!!! Okay so I could totally like a whole other story about their wedding and life after all of that but idk yet. If people actually want me to do it then I will but idk yet. Anyways thank you to everyone who has read this book at all, I really do appreciate you and love you so much. Stay safe everyone!