21

Jaemin felt a wrist grab his and twist him to face the other way.

"Jeno we need to talk."

"Why do you think I walked all around the city to find you, dumbass?" Jeno asked, his hand still gripping Jaemin's.

They made their way towards the park which was only a few yards away and situated themselves back on to the bench they had left just hours ago.

"Jeno, what do you want from me. Tell me how you really feel because I'm tired of this guessing game," Jaemin said quickly with a rush of adrenaline coursing through him.

"I want you to tell me why you hate me so much, and I also want you to get over your little hatred of Sammy because she is a sweetheart and has been nothing but nice to you," Jaemin physically deflated at that. He was sure this would finally be the moment where they both came clean and put everything out in the open.

"Can you stop doing that? Please, for once just tell me something real. I can't ever win with you can I? Do you know what Sammy has done to me? She's called me a whore, she blocked me from your phone, that's why you couldn't find my number during that one radio show. She has given multiple sasaengs my phone number, she's repeatedly messed with stuff in my room, she doesn't know where to stop. So yes Jeno, I have reasons to I hate her, I'm not jealous of her you absolute dickhead," Jaemin says in frustration as he watched Jeno's reactions turn from surprised to angry.

"And do you want to know the real reason I hate you so much? I'm scared of how I really feel about you, and I know it's the same situation for you, you have said it yourself on multiple occasions. I get to be the bigger person this time because I'm not the one who is saying or doing something that could alter an entire relationship and then running away just as quickly as you did it. I'm not lying to you this time, so all I'm asking is that you don't lie to me, please Jeno I'm so tired, I haven't slept in weeks. I just want to know," Jaemin was sobbing by the end, as he let exhaustion take over.

Jeno had been staring at him with no emotion, and Jaemin had a terrible suspicion he would have to go through this entire thing again the next week.

"Jaemin," Jeno said softly, as he put his fingertips under Jaemin's chin, lifting his scrunched up face to look at Jeno. 

Jaemin was scared for what Jeno was going to say, as he still couldn't read the emotionless face Jeno still wore.

"We can't be together, I'm dating Sammy," that seemed to break whatever was left of the dam holding in Jaemin's sobs. He was so incredibly tired, he wanted, more than anything, to just go home.

"But you love me, right?" Jaemin asks through broken cries.

Jeno nods slightly, still looking Jaemin in the eyes, as sadness graced his features.

Jeno started to stand up, but quickly lowered himself just over Jaemin to plant a soft and fleeting kiss on the crown of his head.

"I'm so sorry NaNa," Jeno says before slowly walking away, letting a few tears of his own slip through at the sound of Jaemin's loud cries ripping through the cold night air. 

AN: I had to take a break in the middle of writing this chapter, got me a lil sad myself ngl. Anyways I know I said this book was coming to an end soon the last chapter but I got motivation to keep it going all of a sudden so... deal with it ig. Anyways, love y'all sm.