8

Jaemin had made his way through the dorm, finding everyone either taking showers or already asleep.

He made note of the fact that Jeno was nowhere to be found.

The second he walked through his room he was hit with the scent of vanilla, a stark contrast from the usual green apple that came from Renjun's extremely strong body wash. He quickly decided investigating it was the best option as he made his way to the bathroom.

The door was closed, and he heard the rushing of water that could only come from the shower-head. He felt annoyance dance through him at the reality of the fact that he was now sharing a room with Jeno. He was even more annoyed at the fact that he had forgotten about it.

The day had been so long for Jaemin and he was just ready to get a good night's sleep, but he knew that was wishful thinking. 

Jaemin dragged his feet towards his bed, falling face first in to the familiar blanket covering his mattress. He groans in to it, ultimately wanting the day to be over. 

With that thought in mind he pulled out his phone, which he hadn't checked in what seemed like forever, and checked the time.

7:39 PM. 

Jaemin groaned even louder at the fact that it was much earlier than he thought it was. 

With all of the self-pitying that was going on in Jaemin's mind, he hadn't heard the bathroom door open or notice the sweet vanilla scent grow even stronger until he felt the bed dip by his feet.

He quickly looked through the space between his arm and the bed, hoping it was anyone but Jeno. 

He quickly sat up, pulling his knees up to his chest, facing Jeno who was sitting on the bed. Jaemin didn't know what to say as Jeno stared at the ground blankly, his face void of expression. His still wet hair dripped down on to his black sweatpants, the sound of the droplets hitting being the loudest noise in the room. 

The familiar annoyance crept through Jaemin the longer Jeno sat on his bed, making no effort to do or say anything.

Jaemin humphed, trying to get Jeno to make some type of movement. 

"Jaemin, how much do you hate me?" Jeno asks, his eyes still trained on the floor.

"Jeno, that's quite a dumb question. I think we all know how much I hate you, I'm getting a strong sense of deja vu, aren't you?" Jaemin says nonchalantly, referring to the little chat they had in the park not long ago. 

"Is it a pure hatred? Like I have for you?" Jeno says, finally looking up to Jaemin, though emotion still vacant from his features.

"If I do recall, just a few minutes ago you were talking about how you didn't hate me? Am I wrong is saying that?" Jaemin says sweetly, attempting to push Jeno's buttons, wanting anything other than whatever Jeno was trying to get at.

"I hate you," Jeno says, making strong eye contact with Jaemin.

"We're way past that babe," Jaemin chuckles out as he pats Jeno's shoulder lightly. Jeno nods seriously at that, looking more like an army commander than anything else.

Jaemin's confusion only grew as Jeno slowly stood up from Jaemin's bed, walking out of the room in a dazed like state. 

Jaemin shook his head in confusion, attempting to forget everything that had just happened. He found it harder than he thought he would, so decided to distract himself by calling his mom, as he said he was going to earlier today.

Jaemin moved from his bed to the small desk in the corner of the room, placing his phone to his ear, his elbows resting on either sides of the chair.

"Hello my beautiful son! How are you? I watched your live today, it looks like you and Jeno have finally come to terms about your... issues," Jaemin's mom says in one long breath. Jaemin chuckles at his mother's enthusiasm.

"No mom, don't get your hopes up. Management just wants us to be cute on cameras, they think that'll make it look like we actually like each other to fans," Jaemin says, getting more and more irritable by the syllable.

"Jaemin. You know how I feel about this situation, please try your hardest," Jaemin's mom says in a reprimanding but caring tone.

"I know, I know. You think we would be best friends and that we could be an iconic duo," Jaemin says, sighing.

He loves his mom, he does, but if she set her mind to something, she really sets her whole mind to it. She had been rooting for Jeno and Jaemin since they first met, claiming "something about their energies just fit so well together." 

Jaemin thought she was full of shit, but decided to humor his mother just to show how much he truly loved her. 

"Well, you sound extremely tired my love, have you been getting enough sleep?" Jaemin rubs the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger in exhaustion.

"You know the answer to that," Jaemin says in whispered defeat. He hears his mother sigh sadly on the other end of the phone, feeling his heart break at the sound. 

"I'm trying mom, it's just really hard," Jaemin says, knowing he crushed his mom's heart a little bit more with those words.

"Well baby, just keep on trying. I love you no matter what. Your father is calling me so I'm going to have to let you go now, I love you more than anything."

"Love you too," Jaemin says before hanging up, setting his phone on the messy desk, putting his head in his hands.

He hated disappointing his mom, it was one of the worst feelings, but there was nothing he could do about both Jeno and his problem.

"You have trouble sleeping?" Jaemin jumped up at the voice, once again letting out an embarrassing squeal. 

"Stop doing that Jeno! And no I don't, please don't ask again," Jaemin says defiantly.

Jeno shrugs his shoulders as he closes the door with his foot. 

Jaemin didn't like how different Jeno had been acting that day, but was too tired to analyze anything, so mumbled a quick, 'I'm taking a shower', and took his alone time with gratitude. 

By the time Jaemin had got out of the bathroom Jeno was already fast asleep, Jaemin smiled at that, happy he wouldn't have to have any more strange and out of the ordinary conversations with him.

He plugged his phone on to the charger, and stared at the ceiling for what felt like hours. Sleep finally crept through him silently, and Jaemin savored it completely. 

AN: Chapter 8!!! Thank you guys! Comment and tell me what you think, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!