chapter four

{2.1K words}

sorry its a little short. needed a little pacer for the next few chapters. they're going to be quite the doozy. :)

<Y/N pov>

Aizawa sensei and All Might released the rest of the kids but kept me behind, they wanted to have a conference with my guardian. She was so mad on the phone, yelling at me that I was interrupting her 'stories'. I knew she was lying, she just didn't want to put that wig or that makeup on. Aizawa, All Might and Principal Nezu were in the conference room to the far side of the office waiting area. No doubt they were talking about me. Everyone was as of late. Thirteen and Midnight, walked out of the room, definitely talking about my quirk.

"Eraserhead said that she alone put Katsuki Bakugou in the nurse's office." Thirteen spoke, them not even knowing or probably even caring that I was seated there.

"Bakugou? Didn't he win the sports festival?" Midnight questioned, her voice fading as they walked down the hall.

I didn't know that he was in the nurse's office. A wave of sadness crashed over me at the thought of how far I went today. I gripped the bottom of my plastic chair, my heart burning at the memory of what I had done. 

"I'm going to the restroom." I told the receptionist, the lady looking up and waving me off from her candy crush game she was playing.  Only I wasn't going to the restroom, taking a detour and heading for the nurse's office. When I entered the cold room, recovery girl was gone, a few of my classmates still there. Momo and Izuku were up and shooting paper balls in the trashcan, them yelling 'Kobe' as they shot, warming my heart at Izuku teaching her what I had taught him. Denki sat on one of the beds listening to music and Bakugou was on the bed, closest to the walls throwing a rubber stress ball into the air and catching it. 

"Hey guys." I called out to them, all eyes turning my way.

"Hey Y/N, what are you still doing here?" Momo asked me, while fluffing her ponytail.

"Parent-teacher conference." I mumbled monotonously. They nodded like they understood and went back to playing their game. I walked over to Denki's bed and crouched in front of him, the pop music playing through his headphones. When he saw me, he jumped back in surprise and then wrapped his arms around my neck, pulling me in for an unexpected hug. 

"Y/N!" He yelled, his already loud voice amplified by the music. 

I tugged off his headphones and sat onto his bed, placing them between us. I buried my face in his neck to keep myself from crying from shame. I really could have lost this little idiot by my monumental mistake.

"Kami, how are you feeling?" I asked him, holding his shoulders.

"Pretty Pika-Pika! I just want to go home! I'm starving." He expressed, rubbing his tummy. 

"About earlier-"

"Don't even mention it. Momo told me what happened, it was an accident and I'm fine now." He interrupted me, pulling me into another hug and easing my aching heart. 

There were no other proper rejoinders than my offer to buy him food whenever he wanted, the greedy boy graciously accepting. During our conversation, my eyes snuck over to the bed near the wall the blond haired boy staring right back at me. Only he didn't look away this time, his eyes trained on me like he were studying me, analyzing my person. Putting Denki's headphones back on, I sighed knowing that I would have to plunge into the depths of Hell itself to apologize. As I made my way over to his bed, he slumped back down, pulling the covers over his head like a child would do.

"Bakugou?" I called out to him, getting no answer the first time. I was already nervous, I didn't really need this kind of response piled on top. I tried a few more times, getting no answer and was about to give up and walk away. Deku and Momo momentarily stopping their game at Bakugou's stubbornness. They offered to help, about to throw things at him but I decided against it, simply walking away to return to my seat in the office.