chapter fourteen

(a/n: look at nezu's little paw beans 😭 i just want to touch them, oh and smut)

{3.6K words}

 ... 

<author's pov>

Y/N kneeled down to him and placed her arm under his back to arch him up, into her lap. His head resting on her upper thigh. She shook him a few times, frantically calling his name. His once golden skin was now a sickly pale color, his lips were dry and chapped and blood was pouring from his mouth, his red eyes that held all of the stars were dull and lackluster and his pupils had dilated.

"Teddy bear?" His voice was so low that she had to strain her ears to hear him. Y/N began to panic as his eyes tried to flutter closed.

"No! Look at me. Keep fucking looking at me Bakugou! Midoriya, help me!"

"Kacchan? Kacchan!" He ran over to her side, pressing a hand to her own, clasping their fingers together. Y/N lifted Bakugou up into a bridal position and Midoriya ran in front of them, opening the car door and climbing in. His back hit the opposite door as Y/N and Midoriya got inside, him laying his head onto her chest and his legs directly onto Midoriya's lap.

"I don't feel very good..." He whispered. Midoriya practically pleading with him to stay awake, shaking his shoulders and talking to him, doing anything to keep his eyes open.

"No! Drive faster!" Y/N screamed.

"I'm going as fast as I can! Keep him up!" Her brother yelled out.

"Hear me baby! Focus on us! You just gotta stay awake for me. Come on baby!" She lightly tapped his face a few times trying to keep him up.

"He's getting cold Y/N! What do I do? I don't feel...I don't know.."

"Shut UP Midoriya! Look in the back and try to find a water bottle." The always composed girl was losing her calmness at the prospect of something happening to him, especially of her own account.

Izuku leaned into the furthest part of the car and scanned around the baskets, pushing things aside trying to find something for him to drink. He found one of the juices that they had in the baskets during his and Uraraka's earlier picnic. There was barely a quarter of orange juice that remained, nonetheless he still handed the bottle to Y/N getting an unreadable expression. Y/N parted his lips with her shaky fingers and opened the bottle, Izuku holding his head steadily at an angle so he didn't choke. He poured the juice into his open mouth, some of the contents spilling over his lips and along the side of his face. He lightly gurgled but held the juice in his mouth, Y/N holding his head up and telling him to swallow. Her brother looking at the backseat through the mirror and began to do a few sharp turns.

"Hold on, we're almost there."

...

 Y/N woke back up to feeling a pair arms under her legs, looking over her shoulder to see a nurse holding a black wheelchair steady as the doctor placed her groggy body into the chair. He draped a large blanket over her legs and placed a teddy bear into her lap. 

 They led her out of the door and down the hallway. The coolness of the hospital making Y/N's hair stand and give her goosebumps. Her mind went straight to Katsuki, her breathing hitching at the remembrance of their fight. When she got her breath back, she grabbed the blankets that were wrapped snuggly about her lower body and pulled, tugging them out of place and shoving them to the side. She turned back to look at her legs. Her eyes widened and she gasped in both shock and horror. Her right leg was bandaged much as her side was, all the way up to the knee and her left was littered with healed cuts, slightly bruised, but healed all the same. She rubbed a hand absently at her side and, frowning in confusion, found a swath of bandages surrounding the circumference of her abdomen and slightly tinged reddish brown with dry, old blood. Y/N purposefully dropped her teddy bear on the ground, and when he bent down to retrieve it, she blew a small gust of wind backwards, knocking the nurses' hands off of her handlebars. She took hold of the wheels of the chair and sprinted down the halls, like a bat outta hell.