chapter nine

(a/n: when i say PAY ATTENTION, i mean PAY ATTENTION. anyway. more smut)

{5.1K words}

<Y/N's pov>

I woke up to the click of the door closing. I scooted up on the bed, a heavy warmth on my naked body. I looked over to see Katsuki laying with his head on my chest, his arms and legs intertwined around me like he were a koala and I were a branch. 

"What the fuck did I do?" I whispered to myself, the boy stirring slightly. I know I just fucked up our friendship and the one with Sero in just a night. There was so much on my plate, I really didn't need this right now.

"Teddybear?"

"Kat." My voice became immediately soft seeing him. I tried to shake him awake, telling him that we were off from class that day, but he sleepily smiled and clung to my waist like he was a constrictor and nuzzled his cheek deeper into my chest. I lightly scoffed and tried to shake him awake, but he clung to me tighter. He entered protective mode so quickly that it was almost instantaneous, he growled out a quiet "Stop" and tightly grasped onto me.

"Sleep with me some more." He mumbled, now kissing lightly into my chest. His soft lips tickling my cleavage. I grab his face in my hands, him jumping back in surprise and something hidden, and press a light kiss to his forehead. He groggily lifted his head and looked up at me, his red eyes peeking through his lids. He takes that as an invitation to droop his head, and hold onto my waist again.

"No." I simply say, sliding from his grasp. "I want breakfast." I try to shake him again, only getting so far as to turn him over. The grumpy boy only groaning loudly and pulling the covers over his head.

"Come back."

I ignore his pleas, slipping into my robe and leaving the room. I really can't stand myself for doing that to him, to us. As fun as the night was, I know deep down inside, Bakugou and I can't be together. We're just not compatible. It's just not safe.

...

I walked over to the fridge, noticing a big white sheet of paper on the fridge.

Class 1a,
There's a large lack of breakfast food in here, unless someone wants to go shop. Sero, Kirishima, and I cooked food on the red side of Shoto last night so... yeah. I have an alternative, I'm working at this new place on 25th street, come down for breakfast.

Love, 
Pika-pika 

p-s: bring your own money, i'm not paying for you heathens.

I chuckled at my immature friend, going to get dressed and clear my mind. He'd been going on for a few days about conspiracy theories of us being body snatched and replaced. We'd blown his ideas off a few times, only for some reason he seemed so adamant. I pushed the thought of Denki's wild thoughts from my head, my own replacing them. Hopefully, some fresh air and good food would put me on the right track. 

...

<author's pov>

30 🄼🄸🄽🅄🅃🄴🅂 🄻🄰🅃🄴🅁

The cold morning air nipping at the exposed parts of her body, and sending a chill up her spine. Her mind went cloudy as she continued to drive down the road, she felt as if she were being stupid. She kept up with her self loathing all the way until she pulled into a parking lot. She pulled into one of the spots and turned off the engine. Grabbing her phone and pulling the keys from the ignition she exited the car gingerly.