chapter twelve

{2K words}

...

<author's pov>

Y/N glanced over Izuku helping her clean her tummy wound in the bathroom mirror to make sure there was no lasting damage. She knew there wouldn't be, though; none of those attacks were meant to kill her. Toga was toying with her.

 Y/N blinked and realized it was worse than that: Toga was testing her, seeing if she was worthy of the fight. Y/N felt insulted but, in truth, what she hated worse was the fact that she knows that Toga let her live. But the most disturbing event the encounter proved was Toga had another even more dangerous ability: she was a master of mind games and a well-informed one, at that.

Toga got inside Y/N's head and Y/N let her. One mention of her dad and her fears and Y/N was taken off of her game. Y/N knew she couldn't let that happen a second time. She would be killed for sure; Toga didn't seem the type to allow that kind of weakness a second time. But the encounter was proof of something Y/N questioned for a long time. Now, she had her answer.

The past still hurt. Y/N had resolved most of her past when she fought her dad. But she knew that wasn't where it all ended.

Y/N heard a knock at her door. Still wearing her jeans from earlier, she slid on a white tank top and went to the door. She opened it to find Bakugou standing there. She was surprised to see him and, for once, she couldn't hide that fact.

"Hi," he greeted.

"Hi," she replied.

"Can I come in?"

She nodded and politely moved out of the way so he could enter. Izuku promising to return to help fix her up after they talked. Deku looked more serious than ever as he closed the door behind him.

He walked into the room and sighed. "How are you feeling?"

"Just fine."

"That's good." He turned and looked at her, "Can we talk?"

She nodded, ignoring her earlier request to wait until this was over to have any kind of discussion. The truth was she hadn't forgotten, either. She sat down in a chair in the room while she sat on the bed.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'll recover."

"That's not what I mean."

"I know."

"I don't think I've ever seen you lose to one person-"

"Well, now I have." She hunched over, clasping her hands together, the pressure on her wound getting stronger. "It's only because she did something that no one has been able to do in a long time."

"And that is?" he asked.

"Get in my head. She used my past against me. No one has been able to do that, Suki."

"All of the information on you, and us?"

"Apparently, she's... well informed." Her mind flashed back to her brother, it just angered her at how much she knew. All from him.

He nodded, understandingly. Then she decided to tackle the elephant in the room. "So, you fucked her?"

He looked down a little at that. It hadn't escaped him that Toga had tricked him. Despite the secrecy, it was only mildly surprising Toga knew about her and Bakugou's complicated situation. He knew in his heart that he didn't want to hurt Y/N, but he knew if he told her the truth it would.

Her question brought him back to reality. Yet, he didn't answer. Something was stopping him; an emotion he was unfamiliar with. Apprehension.

"It's true isn't it?" Y/N answered.