chapter eight

(a/n: quite a long chapter, you really have to read and put things together in this story. It all makes sense. especially the small details. oh yeah, smut warning.)

{7.2K words}

The past week she prepared to go see her family for another reunion, telling her teacher Aizawa that she had to go out of town. School was already cancelled because of All Might's deteriorating health. Aizawa was excited for Y/N, telling her to be careful and even suggested bringing someone with her. She initally went to Sero, asking if he wanted to meet her family, him declining because he had physical therapy. The next person Y/N asked was Bakugou, him shrugging externally but being excited internally. He's always wanted to go to America, especially going to a black cookout. 

On the plane ride, Y/N tried her hardest to fill Bakugou in on what to expect. She used the pictures that she had to name out her relatives and their roles, the activities, and the types of food he should expect. He seemed pretty excited, but a little tense on meeting her family. 

He didn't really have time to dwell on it, because before they knew it, Y/N's brother was pulling them into a picnic ground near their old house.

"You guys ready?" Her brother asked turning around.

"I was born ready."

"We'll see." She laughed to herself, as though as he was, she was willing to bet that he hadn't been to a predominantly black family reunion. Especially as dysfunctional as hers. She swallowed her pride, afraid to see her family again, especially her parents.

"Do you remember, the twenty-first night of September?"

As soon as she heard Earth, Wind, and Fire, she knew she was home. Seeing hoards of her family members run around the large enclosure. Little children chasing each other, her cousins playing football and basketball. People hugging and teasing each other, her older cousins grinding and twerking to songs that the DJ played. For some reason, Bakugou couldn't help but gawk at everything, but he still followed Y/N around as she introduced her to her family. Her brother disappeared for a second and when he returned, he had two very familiar people on his arm.

"Y/N." Bakugou started, sensing her apprehension. He took her hand in his, standing protectively close to her, his chest puffed out and feet sturdy.

"I'm-okay." She trembled, her feet stuck to the ground. It hadn't hit her just yet that her parents were right in front of her.

"Y/N." Her brother said, giving her a weird look.

"Mom," Staring at the woman who birthed her, she looked tired beyond her years, her eyes were droopy as much as her demeanor hadn't shown it. She'd wondered why she'd came back to him. "Dad." He looked different, like he'd stopped drinking and had his life together. They were wearing the same matching reunion tees, only her mother had on a fitted skirt and flats. While her dad paired it with a pair of baggy denims and black forces.

"My, look at how you've grown." Her mother remarked, pulling Y/N into an unrequested hug. The girl stiffening up from the contact, but never relenquishing Bakugou's hand.

"Who's this?" Her father asked, his voice still doing its job and making Y/N's head droop.

"Tch-" 

"This is Bakugou, a classmate of mine at UA." She blurted out, knowing Bakugou's attitude.

"That hero school?" Her dad asked, a sharp gleam in his eyes at the mention of UA.

"Yes." She said, Bakugou nodding in agreement. 

"Well, Bakugou, how about you come with us. We'll teach you how to shoot dice." Her dad said, placing his hand between Y/N's and Bakugou's leading him in the other direction. Leaving just her and her mother standing there.