Chapter 6

Back at S.T.A.R. Labs, Barry was working on a computer looking very tired and worried so Iris came upto him and asked, "So, figure it out yet?" to which Barry replied, "Whatever these negative tachyons are, it feels a lot more like science fiction than actual science." to which Iris just smiled and said, "I wasn't asking about the science. I was asking about the scientist. You, Henry and Nora, you guys have such a strong connection. I mean, it's... it's effortless. So why are you so intent on sending them back?" to which Barry just thought for a moment and answered, "I mean, it's not safe. First of all, they can't stop talking about the future. But--I mean, you know the danger that they being here poses to the timeline." to which Iris nodded and said, "Yeah, I do, but I also know you, Barry." to which Barry just gave a confused look so Iris continued, "You're the guy that went back in time to borrow Snart before he died." to which Barry just said, "I know." and Iris continued, "You're also the same guy that travelled to 2020 to figure out who Savitar was, and 2015 to train with Wells. You changed fate to save my life. So, now that our children are here in front of us, asking for our help, you expect me to believe that you're worried about the timeline?" to this Barry just sighed and said, "Nora and Henry shouldn't be here. Look, I've always wanted a family." to which Iris smiled and said, "I know." Barry continued, "You know, and when we got married, I knew that one day, we'd decide to have kids. We would try, and you'd get pregnant. I'd be there for the sonogram, I'd hear their first heartbeat, and then they'd come. And we'd take them home, see their first smile, their first tooth, the first time I read to them. Their first steps. The first time they ran. But them being here now, don't you feel like we missed all those firsts? That we skipped all the good stuff?" to which Iris just smiled and said, "Baby, we will still have all of those firsts. Just not in that order." Barry got frustrated and said a little louder, "But my whole life's been out of order. These powers, time travel, that's the reason my mom was killed, why I grew up with my dad in prison. They missed so many firsts." Barry took a pause, looked at Iris and said a little sad, "They missed our wedding." to which Iris sighed sadly and replied, "I know." Barry continued, "I don't know, I just thought that when it was our turn to have a kid, that life would let us have this one little thing the normal way. Just once. But we lost that chance." Iris looked at him smiled put both her hands on his cheeks and said, "No, we're not losing anything by having her here now.We're only gaining something extra, Barry. And look, if we figure this out, I mean, by the time we do have kids, we are gonna be the best parents ever." Barry just sighed in defeat and said, "Maybe you're right." to which Iris smiled and said, "I know I'm right. You're gonna be there to put that quarter under their pillow, and you're gonna be there to drive them to their first day of school, and you're gonna be there to cheer on their first run. And we are gonna have all of those firsts." Iris took his hands in hers and continued with a smile, "I promise. And think about it. We have kids who defied the laws of physics to hang out with their parents. I mean, that's pretty awesome. Isn't it?" Barry just looked at her smiled and said, "Yeah, as eager as they are, you'd think that they're the one that grew up with a parent in..." Barry suddenly went quiet and started thinking so Iris asked him, "What's wrong?" Barry suddenly said, "Nothing. Um, nothing. I'm--I'm gonna be right back." and ran away.

Barry found Nora and Henry in one of the labs and called them, "Henry Nora." they both turn around and Barry sees them holding a photo frame with the picture of him, Cisco, Caitlin and Dr. Wells, well Eobard Thawne, in the early days of him being the flash. On seeing their confused look he asks them, "What happens to me in the future? You said that you spend your whole life with your mom, but you didn't say the same for me." Nora just sighed and spoke up, "Our poker face is that bad, huh?" Barry's face lightened but he spoke, "I need to know." both the kids looked at each other and nodded. They then took him to the time vault and showed him the article about the crisis on April 25,2024. Seeing the article Barry understood what they were trying to say and so he asked them, "How long?" Henry spoke up, "You never come back." Hearing this Barry's face dropped but still he somehow gathered the courage to speak and asked, "How old were you when it happened?" They couldn't speak for some time but then Nora said, "We never saw you." Barry was beginning to tear up and Henry continued, "Mom found out that she was pregnant the next day you vanished." Barry was shocked hearing this, but then realization hit him and he spoke, "So at Joe's you met me for the first time?" they both sadly nod at him. And Barry just hugs them tightly and they all begin to cry. After sometime they broke out of the hug and asked them rubbing off his tears, "You're not stuck here, are you?" to which to they both remained silent and that gave Barry the answer. So he asked, "What about the negative tachyons?" They both looked at each other and removed a vial from their gauntlets and gave it to Barry, "We found it in the museum archive. Negative tachyons, harnessed on demand." seeing Barry's confused face Henry spoke up to lighten the mood, "Really should work on that poker face, I guess." to which Barry just chuckled. After a moment of silence passed Barry spoke up, "This didn't have to be a secret. Why did you keep this from us?" Hearing this their faces dropped but Nora decided to answer, "Because if you knew we could have gone home, you would have sent us back the second we walked into Grandpa's house." Nora couldn't continue so Henry decided to speak, "I mean, it's like you said, Dad 'Speedsters have to be responsible'." Nora asked Barry after this, "But--but we're not responsible, are we? We are just selfish and really, really bad at being a speedster." Seeing his kids sad Barry couldn't help but feel sad and said, "Henry Nora, you're not bad." seeing their father struggling to find the right words, Henry spoke up, "I mean, we can do some cool things, you know? Sometimes we run so fast, we reverse time a bit, but we can't do the things you can." Barry looked at them with proud.

Nora spoke up, "We don't even know how to phase yet." Henry continued, "Guess there's only so much you can learn from speedsforce." Seeing Barry confused Nora began to speak, "One day while we were running we accidentally entered the speedforce. When we entered we didn't knew where we were but it looked like our house so we called out mom. And then we heard someone's voice from behind us and when we turned we saw you and we ran to him and hugged him tightly and started crying. After we broke out of the hug we asked what happened and then that you told us that we were in the speed force." Henry continued, "We didn't exactly knew what that is so that you explained everything about the speedforce. We stayed for sometime and they taught us many things that a speedster can do using the speed force." Nora continued "But they can only teach what they can offer not how we can use it" seeing that Barry was confused she continued, "Like phasing, supersonic punch. We use the speedforce creatively and hence we can do it." Barry gave them a understanding nod and there was silence again.

Barry decided to break the silence, "What about your mom?" Nora and Henry smiled and said excitedly, "She's our life. We don't know what we could have done without her. We love her so much." Barry smiled looking at his kids happy and then said with sad smile, "I'm sorry that I wasn't with you while you both were growing up. I truly am." both just nodded and Henry spoke up, "Dad we understand. You needed to do it to save everyone, save mom." Barry gave them a smile. Now Nora spoke up, "We just wanted to see you so badly and spend a day with you.  Go for a run for the first time together." Hearing this Barry's face dropped again, "I missed all your firsts. I was so worried about screwing up your childhood and screwing up our family, but I'm not even there." Barry began to cry and both the kids wrapped him in a giant hug and they just stayed like this for some time until they were interrupted by Cisco's voice coming from the speakers ,"Barry, we need you in the Cortex. It's about Gridlock." Barry looked at them apologeticly and then Henry said, "We're fine. Um...you need to go fix our mess, and then we can go home." hearing this Barry's heart dropped but still he nodded and flashed out the time vault to the cortex.
---------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone another chapter is up and I hope you liked it. If there's anything you want tell do tell me.
Thank you