Chapter 15

A few days had gone by and things seemed peaceful, there were just a few small cases which needed the flash and very few needed CSI Barry Allen. Barry and Frost were trained regularly by Nora or Henry and were learning new things from the kids. Caitlin was at her desk, still not able to wrap her head around the fact that the kids weren't Iris's kids and moreover Barry was in love with someone else and not with his wife. She also thought would it have been the case if she would have ended up with him. Henry entered the lab and saw Caitlin starring in empty space so he went up behind her and decided to scare her. As soon as he went near her and shouted she screamed at top of her voice and was about to slip when Barry came running and picked her up bridal style. Caitlin was shocked what was happening as one second she was about to fall and another second she was in the arms of the person whom she loved. She was not able to speak so Frost took over winked at him and said, "Thanks handsome for saving me." then she pointed towards Henry and said playfully, "My turn now" and shot a mist blast towards Henry just cold enough to give him mild frostbites. But was surprised to see that it didn't have any impact on him. Barry was still standing there having Frost in his arms watching all this unfolding and feeling so much happier than the rest of the day. After a minute Frost realized that she was still in Barry's arms so she blushed and said, "Sorry handsome, almost forgot about you." Barry just smiled at her and helped her stand as she left his arms. Barry asked Henry, "Why were you trying to prank Cait?" Henry was still laughing at Caitlin's reaction and said, "You should have seen her face dad. She's not so carefree in the future." Barry smiled sadly at this comment as he still knew that he was gonna end up with Caitlin but was supposed to die and leave her to take care of the kids alone. Frost realized something and said, "Are you and Caity close in the future?" Henry looked at her smiled and said, "You bet. We could do anything for you and her." Frost just smiled hearing this from the kid. While they were talking Cisco came in running and shouting, "Barry I need to talk to you about something in private." Barry looked at him confused then looked at Caitlin and Henry to see if they knew anything but when they didn't respond he looked back at Cisco and said, "Yeah why not." and he left Frost and Henry.

As soon as Barry left Frost said, "So about Mia, tell me everything" Henry asked excitedly, "Really?" and Frost nodded. Henry was telling her about Mia and suddenly Nora entered and said, "Hey Henry have you seen Uncle Cisco? We were working on something and suddenly he ran out of there." Henry looked at his sister and said, "Yeah earlier he came here and took dad with him so that he could talk to him while I was talking to Frost." Nora smiled went to sit with them and said, "What were you talking about?" Henry didn't say anything so Frost replied, "He was telling me about Mia. But why don't you tell me about Charlie?" Nora looked at her mommy and she saw excitement in her eyes so she replied smiling, "Okay but don't tell anyone. Please." Frost looked at her smiled and said, "Don't worry I know how to keep a secret from everyone." to which Nora smiled and started telling her about Charlie.

When Barry and Cisco reached reached outside to talk, Cisco hit his hand hard and said, "You love Caitlin?" Barry looked at him shocked and started making excuses, "No, definitely no. Why would you say so. I don't love her. I don't love Caitlin. Who told you that I love Caitlin? I don't." Cisco looked at him amused at how he was blushing at the fact that he was in love with his best friend. Cisco said, "I mistakenly vibed Nora and I saw a young Nora calling Caitlin mom, then I saw the twins a little older calling Frost mommy. Then I saw them shooting ice out of there hands in a suit with an emblem of your lightning embedded inside Frost's." Barry looked at him surprised and murmured to himself, "I told them to be careful around him so that he doesn't mistakenly vibe them." Cisco looked at him blushing and shocked at the same time so he asked Barry, "Hey why didn't you tell me? And why didn't you ask her out?" Barry looked at him sadly and said, "Cisco I'm sorry I didn't tell you but in my defense I didn't know how you would react and as to why I didn't ask her out, when I first met her she was mourning Ronnie and then when I thought about asking her out Ronnie came back. Then they got married and he died and she was heartbroken because of me. Then when I thought of asking her out again she was with Zolomon and then with Julian and after that, well I kinda proposed to Iris to marry me so that she doesn't die." Cisco looked at Barry sadly understanding and gave him a hug which Barry happily reciprocated. After they broke out of the hug Barry told Cisco, "Don't tell anyone as only the kids, you and me knows about it." to which Cisco nodded. After they were finished they walked back inside and found the kids talking to Frost and smiled at the scene. When Henry saw his father and uncle standing at the door he motioned them to join and so they both pulled out a chair of their own and joined them.
---------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys I'm back
Sorry for taking so long but I'm not feeling so good so here I'm with a sloppy chapter but let me promise you that I'll make the next chapter a lot interesting.
Thank you