imagine | vernon

"vernon!!" you giggled while you swatted your best friend away as he laughed, retreating backwards.

vernon and you were close friends who grew up in the same neighbourhood and went to the same school. since the both of you were more introverted, you guys usually hung out together with a small friend group.

today, however, vernon wanted to meet you outside so you two ended up in an ice-cream café to chill for the summer weather.

"oh please, it's not like i'm really gonna eat your ice cream!" vernon playfully rolled his eyes as you hit his arm. you stood up to take his empty ice cream cup and threw it away together with yours.

"yah! you did it once, you can do it again," you huffed and crossed your arms. well whatever. you thought and bent down to pick up your bag.

you started looking through your bag compartments, pulling out a textbook, some worksheets, your calculator and pencilcase.

vernon's eyes widened as each item magically appeared from your small bag. "are you serious? i asked you out to spend time with you! not do the holiday homework!" he couldn't help but laugh in between his sentences.

"well, i figured we might as well spend our time wisely and do some work. besides, science is my favourite subject." you gave your best friend a big smile at the end.

"i think you're kinda weird, but it's like super cute."

"yeah righ- wait what did you say?" you were slightly flustered by his words but you forced yourself to make eye contact with him.

he just smirked and suddenly came closer to you, your faces barely inches apart. his eyes quickly darted down to your lips before meeting your eyes. "i said," he paused and came even closer until your noses brushed past each other. "that you're cute."

he pressed his soft lips onto yours, making you really alarmed and didn't know what to do. but soon enough you gave in and kissed him back, tasting his soft and sweet lips.

vernon pulled away after a while, smiling and satisfied. you blushed a bright red and muttered, "v-vernon...what was that about?"

he simply laid back into his chair with a satisfied smile. "it means that i want you to be mine."