happy kuroo day!

you've been preparing for this special day since october.

it was a pain to go out mainly because of the pandemic and you had to make reasonable excuses in order to escape your boyfriend's scrutinizing eyes.

first you asked bokuto but he really wasn't that much of a help because he mostly got distracted by other things.

the next week you asked kenma, but he declined stating that he has an emergency. when you asked what it was and if he needed help, it was only about the ps5.

you didn't know how but you were stuck with your boyfriend on the train, leaning his head on your shoulder as he closed his eyes.

he was mildly curious and suspicious as to why you've been planning to go out lately so he forced you to let him come.

you gulped when you saw akaashi waiting. kuroo's brows bunched into a frown, trying to figure out how and why you asked akaashi to hang out with you.

you both greeted the male with a hug. you informed akaashi of the situation and he swore to secrecy.

akaashi led the way to his temporary workplace, which was a pet shop.

once you entered the building, you saw kuroo's eyes light up when he spotted barking puppies. he immediately made a beeline to them, petting their heads.

you and akaashi shared a look.

"i guess him coming to this trip was worth it."

akaashi laughed, handing over a bunch of papers for you to sign.

kuroo woke up harshly. his whole body was drenched in extremely cold water. he looked up to see his best friend grinning.

"HEY HEY HEY kubroo! happy birthday bro!" bokuto then lifted him up like he weighed nothing and swung him around the room causing droplets of water to sprinkle on the floor.

"you wear alien pajamas to sleep? what a nerd." kuroo pushed his friend away when he heard suguru's voice in the hallway.

"who invited this-"

"i did." you appeared beside suguru in a flash, smiling at him politely.

"but babe-" kuroo whined.

"no buts! as much as i like you half-naked and drenched, we actually have guests over so please dress him up kōtarō-kun!"

"no probs!"

then you closed the door.

you made sure to invite special people only, mainly kenma, suguru, bokuto, and akaashi. suguru, mainly for annoying your boyfriend as payback for annoying you.

when both boys went out of the room, everyone started to sing happy birthday. you saw him tear up and hear suguru teasing him for being a crybaby but before that could change the mood, you wrap an arm around his waist, pulling him close to you.

after that, presents came and you made sure your's came last. suguru's birthday gift was actually beef jerkey for the little puppy and since your boyfriend didn't know what the gift was intended for, suguru and kuroo bickered for 5 minutes before you decided to introduce your gift.

kuroo was surprised seeing the big fat box being lifted with care by akaashi and bokuto. his hands slowly lifted the top, eyes twinkling in happiness as he picked up the barking puppy who was licking his face.

you made sure to take a picture of it and turn it into your wallpaper.