Glimpse of Lovecraft

Roanoke Island, 25/11/. . . 4

I woke to the sound of thunder; it was so close it struck just beside me. It did. I opened my tent and saw all the bricks and houses had burned away, so had its inhabitants. But I was wrong, as I rushed to check the wreckage, I noticed two footprints, Dr Seán and Prof. Thompson. I immediately began to track both of their footsteps. They went together up to some distance but Dr Sean's footprint had stopped in front of a long, drooping coconut tree. I noticed the scratch marks on the tree, they were huge, larger than any carnivore. I traced the marks as they went up the tree and then I came face to face with the abominable terror.

Hung from the tree, like a coconut was the head of Dr Seán. I gasped and then scampered away. It had been cut perfectly like a surgery. There were two eyes fallen on the ground. . .

I closed my eyes, oh what had happened? The other town people HAD NOT said that this involved murder!!

The next thing I was doing was crawling through a very small cave. Professor's footprint had ended before this small cave with jagged rocks in front.

The hair on the back of neck had risen and the very sight of it screamed of death. But I moved in. I crawled for about 15 minutes when suddenly, I slipped and fell; my mouth hitting the ground. I got up, that was one hell of slide.

But as soon as I entered in, the whole place sort of gleamed in deep blue colour. It was getting very cold in there; I shivered and held my bladder because it was going to explode anytime.

Just as I took a step, two green eyes lit up. You can give me a million euros to tell that this is a lie, but it wasn't. Plain as say, I could see the two menacing eyes of some unknown. . . thing. Forgive me for I cannot describe it. It was darker than darkest night and I could feel its. . . limbs.

The creature lifted me up. Stretched me like paper as the other eyes small eyes of humans lighted green with hunger, they came towards me. And just as they began to drag me down. I let my bladder go. It rained on them. Somehow they feared it and the creature dropped my breaking my arms and backbone. I rushed to crawl out and they began to grab me by my leg, calling me by my name. But I got out just as the big rock fell on the opening.

I ran back to the boat, this is where I sit, writing this. I have been shaken by the sight. Oh I know what the answer to the disappearance. We all knew. But we instantaneously chose to regard it as ' It only a work of fiction '

The lightning struck again. And there is no escaping from them. Help!!!