Bet (Part 2)

Norman's POV

Her expression was the complete opposite of mine. I looked at her in shock, how could (C/N) make a move on her when she's never seen without either me, Emma or Ray.

"W-What? No! Y/N you can't go on a date with him," I said. Her smile dropped as she gave me a sad look. "What do you mean?"

"You-You just can't. It's for your own good!" I said. "Why not? Don't you think I didn't realize that you've been keeping me away from him? You or Emma or Ray always swoop in whenever he walks a few steps to me! What's wrong?" Y/N asked.

"He's making money out of you!" I screamed. Y/N starts laughing, "Norman just say that you don't like (C/N) instead of making up lies to make him look bad. What has he done to you? You barely even talk to him," she said.

"Listen to me Y/N. I heard him the other day, he's making a bet with his friends. He'll date you for three months and break up with you after. All for a hundred  dollars," I explained, "Why do you think we've been keeping you away from him?"

"Why didn't you just tell me?" Y/N asked. "You like this guy and I don't know how hard you'll take it," I mumbled.

I watched as a tear fell from her eye and wiped it away. "Thanks for telling me, I know you're looking out for me, but trust me. I don't think (C/N) is capable of doing that," she mumbled, "I'll catch you later."

She turned around and walked out of the room. I collapsed on the chair and I didn't even know that I'm slowly crying. I started rubbing my temple in frustration.

How could I be so stupid? Maybe (C/N) backed out of the bet and is now treating her seriously.

I yelled in frustration and threw my books to the wall. The door suddenly flung open and there stood Emma and Ray. "Norman!" Emma shrieked. "What?" I hissed.

"Yo what happened? We just bumped into Y/N and saw her crying. What did you do?" Ray demanded. Emma came to my side and rubbed my back to help ne calm down. "I told her. I told Y/N about the bet," I mumbled.

"And?"

"She was pissed at me. She thinks that (C/N) is a good guy and now I'm doubting myself. What if he did change and he didn't go for the cash? She's gonna hate me! I- She's gonna hate me, Y/N probably hates me right now! I can't believe it, it's over, I'm so done" I started rambling until Emma slapped my cheek.

She then grabbed my collar to force me to pay attention to her. "Stop rambling, Norman, oh my God!" she yelled while shaking me. "Stop worrying I'm sure you and Y/N will talk again soon. Give her some time."

"Like what you said, she really likes this guy so obviously you telling her something bad about the dude will break her heart," Ray added, "You two will figure things out. Don't worry."

I sat back down on the chair and sighed while running my hand through my hair.

"Although there is one solution to your problem," Ray spoke, he quickly caught mine and Emma's attention. "What?" I asked.

"Simple... Tell her that you like her," Ray bluntly said.

My eyes widened as I felt my cheeks turn pink. "Me l-like Y/N? Where did that come from?"

Ray gave me a look while tilting his head to the side. I gulped and looked at Emma whose eyes are wide in shock. "Ok fine I like Y/N," I said.

Emma starts squealing and shaking my shoulders in joy. "I KNEW IT! I knew you have feelings for Y/N! Oh this is perfect, you better ask her out. I don't want her to end up with (C/N). You two will be so perfect together--"