1.

***

***

Stepping in front of platform 9 and ¾, I felt quite silly. I mean, walk through the barrier to reach the station? Was the wizard or witch who made the barrier at the time high? Also, why is it called ¾? It's in between the 2 platforms, shouldn't it be ½? These questions run through my mind as I look at my sister weirdly, who just finished telling me how to reach the Hogwarts express.

I looked back at my mom and dad, just to see if Lily didn't hit her head, but they weren't really listening, too busy trying to make Petunia, my devil of a sister, smile. To be completely honest, there was a time when she was somewhat bearable. Of course, I left the bonding to my dear twin, but she was a good partner to read books with. Now though, the only thing which could bring a faint of a smile was her just as idiotic and honestly so large boyfriend, Vernon Dursely. God, even the name is idiotic.

Anyways, I looked back at my sister to see her give me an encouraging smile, and I cautiously leaned against the platform pillar and holy shit! I'm actually going into the barrier!

The magnificent scarlet train Lily has told me so much about stood in front of me, and the platform itself was bustling with excitement. There were mothers handing over forgotten parents to children, little children hugging their family, older children conversing with their friends. A few owls were flying overhead, and I think I saw a cat strutting nearby. Well, this is new.

I quickly moved aside for my sisters and the parentals to come, pushing my trolley filled with suitcases and a little black cat curled up sleeping. Ah, midnight! She was a very sweet thing. I found her at my old school when I had one of those rare nights when absolutely nothing put me to sleep. All the cats have collars to identify their owners, and she had none, so I impulsively decided her to be mine. In my defense, there was no one who was shouting around claiming for a lost black cat. I named her midnight cause, well, I found her at midnight.

After we hugged our parents, and Lily tried a lousy attempt to get out a 'bye' from the toad, she pulled me by the arm towards the train. "Lily what the- I can walk on my own woman!" I didn't really realize how loud I was, cause the next thing I know we are literally being ambushed by 4 boys. Not just any 4 boys, the marauders.

How do I know them, you might ask? Well, Lily has some sort of fascination with them, poorly disguised by hatred of course. But what kind of a twin would I be to not know the 'arrogant toe-rag' had actually managed to steal little flower's heart?

The only reason I introduced myself to them was to spite Lily honestly, but I also kinda wanted to see what was so special about them.

The guy with the circular glasses who I could only assume was the infamous James Potter started pestering Lily, alongside a boy with silky black hair that reached to the end of the neck. The sandy-haired boy with the scar across his face (ouch) extended his hand towards me and said, "Hi! I'm-"