9.

***

***

In one transfiguration class, Professor McGonagal broke her record of never being late to class. 10 full minutes had passed and except for a tabby cat at the professor's desk, no sign of the teacher was seen. From the back seat, a voice was heard, "Okay everyone. Since Minnie has forgotten about today's class, Sirius and I will be teaching," James strutted down towards the desk. The cat looked curiously at the boy with the glasses, who was followed by another just as arrogant Black. 

"We will be teaching, how to get amazing looks!" Sirius announced while flipping his almost touching his shoulders hair. I was sitting with Remus, which was a first, and I heard him groan. I had to stop a laugh from erupting. 
"First lesson, take care of your god damn hair," Sirius said, and a few chuckles were heard from the class, but then a huge gasp was heard. The 2 marauders looked in confusion, but before they could say anything, a voice was heard from behind them.
"Do continue Mr. Potter and Mr. Black. I'm sure all of us are in need of a beautifying lesson." That did it. I could not stop laughing. Of course, she's an Animagus, the way the cat looked at the 2 boys was proof enough. Everyone looked at me, which made me stop laughing immediately. Oops. Sirius looked amused, but at least he had a bit of decency to look ashamed as well. 
"No, that's alright professor. I'm sure you would teach it better than us. Carry on." James gave a little bow, and both of them strutted to their seats.
"Now, can anyone tell me how I did that?" she asked, and my hand was raised first, followed by Lily and Remus. "Miss Evans."
"You are-" Lily and I started, when she interrupted us, "Ms. Iris Evans" With a triumphant look on my face, because of which I received a tongue, I said, "You're an Animagus. And I never thought I would say this, but you make a very cute cat Professor." 
Oh shit. Should've kept my mouth shut.
Thankfully, she just looked amused, and said, "Excellent Ms, Evans. 5 points to Gryffindor." And that's how the class went on.

***

Later in the common room, I found myself sandwiched between Lily and Sirius, and in the middle of a debate between cats and dogs.

"Cats are obviously superior. They're regal, and they don't care about shit!"

"Dogs are more fun! And they're loyal!"

"Who cares about loyal Sirius? Cats are super smart. And they mind their own business. And they look super cute."

"Seriously Iris?-"

"I think you mean Siriusly."

"At this point, I don't know if I want to kiss you or hit you."

Cue my face turning total red. But my ego won't let me get embarrassed. "Now now Black, hasn't mummy taught you not to hit a lady?"

My question immediately gets silence as an answer. Sirius looks down, his long hair hiding his face, but he looked really upset. James had an angry face on, and the rest, which included Remus, Lily, and Peter, looked uneasy.

"I'm sorry. Did I say something wrong? I asked. I really didn't like Sirius being sad, it wasn't right.

"No, you're alright. Sorry, bad memories." He adjusted himself and put on a smile, which was painfully fake. Takes one to know one. "So, in conclusion, dogs are better than cats!"

"No, they're not!" I hit him with a pillow, and within a few minutes, we're all back to laughing again.

***