5.

***

***

I was awoken rather rudely with a scream. It took me a good 2 minutes to remember and get used to where I was. I was in an armchair, with a blanket draped on me and a very warm pillow beside me, which I hugged tightly and tried going back to sleep. A small chuckle made my eyes widen open. Pillows don't... chuckle, do they?

I look over and promptly fell off the chair. "Remus! Shit, I'm so sorry," I rambled, with a blush flaring on my cheeks.

"It's okay," he said, "I just woke up too. Who do you think the scream belonged to?"

"I'm gonna take a wild guess and say, Sirius," I answered, adjusting myself properly. I was still wearing the uniform I changed into on the train. "I will see you at breakfast, would you mind doing me a favor?" I asked him.

"Sure."

"Smack Sirius on the head, and tell him to keep his screaming mouth shut in the morning." Remus laughed and assured me he will. I went to the girls' dormitory, and what I saw made me smile. There were clothes on the floor, little plants on the windowsill. A pillow flew across my face and landed on Alice's face, who was shouting at Marlene to wake up. Lily was combing her hair, and with the shower running in the bathroom, I think Mary was in there. It just felt like home.

"Where the hell were you?" Lily asked, noticing me from looking into the mirror.

"I fell asleep with Remus on the armchair," I shrugged, but didn't miss the suggestive eyebrows from Marlene. "Oh god no Mars, we just fell asleep."

"I didn't say anything though," she sang, and I glared at her. The bathroom door opened and I rushed inside to freshen up. When I was done, I opened the door to find an empty dormitory, I grumbled something along the lines of, 'could've waited for me' and went down to the common room. I felt a bit silly when I saw everyone waiting for me, talking to each other. But nothing could stop my laughter when I saw a pink-haired Sirius Black glaring at a James Potter, who was hiding behind a grinning Marlene.

My laugh notified everyone I was here, and Peter ran out muttering, 'Finally! I'm starving!' I felt a bit guilty, but that turned into amusement when I saw Sirius growling at me.

"What happened to you, Black? Or should I say, Pink?" This just caused him to step towards James, not removing his eyes from him and saying, "Your sister's precious Potter mixed MY shampoo with permanent hair dye because he lost that stupid game of chess. And now prongs has to suffer not talking to me for a whole day, coz that's his punishment."

James seemed too terrified to comment on the 'precious potter', and honestly, I would've been too. Sirius' death glare was deathly. But, being the stupid teenager I am, I said, "Can I get the same punishment too? I wouldn't mind," raising my hand.

Sirius' demeanor totally changed, and his cocky smirk and smug aura returned. "Oh no kitten, your punishment would probably consist of some ropes, a bed, and a-"

"SHUT UP SIRIUS!" Lily screamed, covering her ears, "oh god do not say that to my sister ever again, never ever." Thankfully, everyone was too busy laughing while walking towards the hall to notice the dark red covering my cheeks, except Remus, who sent me a cheeky wink which I replied back with the finger.

Sirius Black is an asshole, a very attractive asshole.

***

During breakfast, the tight-bun strict-face professor came up to us. Lily reminded me her name was McGonagal, though the marauders seemed to disagree.

"Good morning Minnie, wonderful day, don't you think?" Sirius asked her, and I stared at him in shock. I knew he was arrogant, but not so that he would actually use pet names for a teacher! James greeted her in a similar fashion, also calling her 'Minnie', while Remus politely, thank god, thanked her for his schedule. She didn't seem too bothered by it, which made me realize they must be on really good terms with her. I could hear Lily rolling her eyes at them from beside me.

The professor greeted them back with a small smile. Upon reaching us girls, she gave my 3 new friends, and twin their schedules. She turned to me and said, "Ms. Evans, if you would please follow me."

After sharing a panicked look with Lily, I went after her to a room I could only guess as her office.
"Professor, whatever you think I did, I swear I didn't do it," I started speaking, not realizing that just made me more suspicious.

"Calm down, Ms. Evans, you are in no trouble. I just wanted to talk to you about the subjects you would be choosing for your 7th year," I visibly relaxed, and with a small chuckle, she continued, "I can see both Evans' girls are rather good at studies. You can take transfiguration, charms, defense against the dark arts, potions, herbology, and astronomy with ease. Tell me, what have you chosen as a career? Can I assume an Auror?"

I shyly shook my head and said, "Even though it sounds wonderful, I've always rather loved transfiguration, and I was hoping for being a.. well, a professor? I'm good at teaching. Lily has always asked for my help in the subject during holidays, which I now realize I should not have told you," I blush a bit and continue, "but she always understood. And I like helping, and teaching. Do you think it's a good idea?" Suddenly, I felt the need to get approval from the current transfiguration professor.

She smiled at me and said. "I believe you would be a wonderful teacher Iris, and I would look forward to a brilliant mind to take my post. You do need at least three years of after-school experience, which I would gladly like to offer you, seeing how you perform in your N.E.W.T.S."

She took her wand and tapped it on some parchment, and gave me my schedule. "I wish you all the best Ms. Evans, and do enjoy your studies here at Hogwarts."

I took the parchment, grinning widely at her faith in me. "Thank you so much professor!" and skipped towards the great hall. I didn't hear her asking someone, "Well, Albus?" nor did I hear the reply, "I am very proud."

***

A/N

Any thoughts on our Iris being a transfiguration professor? I didn't want her to be an aurora, and although she will have to fight for the upcoming war, that's not going to her intention.