4.

***

***

Gryffindors are loud. Like, really LOUD. The whole table shot up to welcome me to the family, and the enthusiasm didn't waver for a second. Almost everyone from the table at least asked me one question, like if I was related to Lily, or why I'm joining so late. And the feast, oh my god. I could see why Lily was so excited in telling me about the food.

I stuffed my plate with a bit of everything and I could see Sirius smiling at me amusingly from the corner of my eye. Turning towards him, I asked, "Can I help you with something?"He just shrugged and replied back, "Nothing. Just wanted to tell you to not overstuff yourself, you don't want to miss dessert."

I choked. On my food, of course. Curse the kids from Beauxbatons for corrupting my poor, innocent mind. Sirius laughed, which sounded more bark-like. It sounded hot. Wait, no Iris. Don't think that.

Unfortunately, Lily heard it. And she had her mind corrupted as well, because of me. She smacked Black's head and said, "Don't you dare flirt with my sister, Black. She's off-limits."

"Lilykins, love. You do realize nothing you say will make boys back off here, right? I mean, I can't even count the number of boys looking at me. Like that." I said, "It's weird."

I'm not used to this attention. In my old school, I was considered average. I consider myself average. I'm not anything special, so getting attention is not something I'm comfortable with unless it's someone I'm used to.

After the feast, the headmaster, Dumbledore I think, rose and the great hall fell silent. "To all the new students, welcome! To the old students, welcome back! A few reminders. There is now a full-fledged 300 individual items list stuck on Mr. Filch's door, which tells what all are banned from the corridors. I hope you would all remember to go through it, or I'm afraid me inspecting all 300 of those items will go to waste." a few chuckles escaped the students' mouth, " Students are not allowed in the highly-discouraged forest," his eyes found its way to the marauders, who were grinning widely, "and I expect quidditch captains to start booking the pitch for the selection of new players. Also, I would like to give a warm welcome to Ms. Iris Evans."

Everything was fine in that speech, until the last part. Why did he single me out like that? I could feel everyone's eyes on me, and I shrank into the table. This isn't supposed to happen.

"Does he usually welcome new transfer students?" I asked, still trying to hide. I really didn't like staring.

"We've only ever had 1 transfer, in our 3rd year, but he didn't give him a welcome. Dunno, maybe he's starting to welcome transfers?" Lily shrugged, not really bothered, so I didn't stress about it too much.

Dumbledore ended his speech by sending us off to bed, and I practically ran out of the hall. Reaching The Fat Lady's portrait, the prefect told her the password, "Pipsqueak!" "What?!" and we entered the common room.