3.

***

***

James and Peter were sleeping with Peter's head on James' shoulder and James' head on Peter's head on one seat, and Sirius' head was on my lap while we were 'bonding'.

"Is it true that all girls of Beauxbatons are at least part-veelas?" he asked at one point of time, while twirling his wand in his fingers.

"I'm from beauxbatons, do you think I'm part veela?" I said back, my focus mostly on 'Little Women'. I flipped the page, and my hand reached down to comb through his hair.

Sirius nuzzled in the touch and said, "That would explain why I'm so fucking attracted to you," My face heated up and I hit him on the top of his head, hiding my face in my book while he laughed loudly.

"Shut up," I muttered, and when I was sure I could speak without getting flustered, I said, "there are some, but it's a very small percentage,"

He hummed in understanding, and we made idle chit-chat till he fell asleep, leaving me alone with my book. I wasn't very disheartened.

Lily poked her head into the compartment when outside the stars came out, shining and guiding lost people. Remus and her had left for their prefect duties, and while she joined her 3 other friends from Gryffindor, Remus left to meet a friend from Ravenclaw.

"Get up!" she shouted for no reason, which made Sirius jump up in surprise, making me drop my book without looking at the page number. James stood up and held out a liquorice wand as a real wand and mumbled out, "who's there?" Peter just rolled onto the floor, still sleeping. Good to know he won't be any help on a sudden attack in the middle of the night.

"Ah shit," I said, trying to find my page while also glaring at Lily, "what is your problem?"

The 3 boys were trying to wake themselves up when Remus popped in, already in his uniform. "You all should change, we're almost there."

Putting on our robes, everyone picked up their stuff which had fallen at one point or the other, and I hit Lily with my book, "That was for making me lose my page, thanks a lot, sis."

As the train slowed down to a stop, we jumped down to the station. The cold wind made everyone shiver and rub their arms to gain some heat. James even offered his red and gold scarf to Lily, who refused but thanked him anyway. He looked pleased.

Walking over to the carriages that would bring us to Hogwarts, I decided to share the little knowledge I gathered.

"Did you know, these carriages are actually being drawn by thestrals?"

Remus and Lily nodded, of course, they already knew, and James and Sirius seemed more invested in the I doubt very much 'serious' conversation they were having. Only Peter responded to me looking very confused, "There's nothing there."

Pleased to have some sort of reaction, I took his stubby hand and pulled him blindly towards one of the horses. He blushed a bit, retracting his hand. Cute.