8.

***

***

Time was passing quick. My studies were.. well, they were going on. The marauders and us girls have gotten closer than ever. I had the displeasure of seeing Marlene and Mary furiously making out, which made me run out. I didn't enter it until I was SURE those two were done. I was still no near close finding out who gave me the tiara, and I swear, on nights when my anxiety got high and I get mental breakdowns, the tiara glows. I didn't tell anyone else about it, I would've had to explain why I was crying then. And I wasn't really in the mood for that. 

So in short, life was good. Well good enough for a hormonal teen witch with the slight issue of living in a world where a no-nose super-pale with a bigger-than-average ego snake was spreading fear. 

Oh yeah, Sirius hasn't stopped flirting, that is a big issue. 

When I woke up one fine morning, it was to see a pair of bright green eyes staring at me, and, as a very natural reaction, I yelped out of bed, pulling my covers with me, which successfully wrapped me in a cocoon.

"Lily! What the hell?" I groaned, trying to get out of the blanket prison. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" she shouted, and her volume made me a little deaf so it took me a good 3 minutes to understand what she was talking about. When I did understand though, my lips grew into a huge grin, and I quickly unravelled myself. Huh, that was easier than before. 

I got up, gave Lily a tight hug, and sprinted into the common room. There, I carefully did a bit of magic, which I was quite proud of. Behind me, someone spoke, "What's with the shouting? People here are trying to sleep." 

I turned around to see a half-asleep Sirius Black, with his bed hair and without a shirt. I was quite sure my face was now the colour of my hair. Thankfully, in his sleep like daze, he didn't notice me, but the words behind me. His eyes widened, but before he could say anything, there was some loud very loud shouting from behind him. 

"OH LILY FLOWER! HAPPY 18TH!" You don't need me to tell you who that was. Sirius groaned, rubbing his face with his hands.

"Prongs has been planning for her birthday since the past month. I mean, I have too, for you, but he's gone all out." Sirius continued his rambling, putting his hands on his hips, but the only thing I registered was Sirius did something for ME. M-E, me? I spent all my birthdays since the age of 11 at Beauxbatons, since my family wasn't rich enough to buy plane tickets to France. Even at school, my 'friends' just wished me, gave me small trinkets, and that was it. That was my normal. So to have Sirius do anything for me was a bit overwhelming.

"So, kitten, we have a whole day ahead of us, you are spending your birthday with me. Chop, chop. Put on some comfy clothes, and meet me here in 15 minutes." I didn't even question him, I didn't even notice her nickname. I just ran to Sirius and pulled him into a tight hug, gave a whispered thank you, and ran up the stairs to my grumbling, yet blushing, twin. This is going to be the best birthday ever.

***

Sirius took me to all of their secret hiding spots, and tunnels which our whiny school caretaker Filch didn't even know of. It was perfect, I didn't need a fancy party, or a cake, just spending a whole day with him was amazing. We even went to the kitchens, where the house elves prepared some amazing dishes.

"One last surprise kitten. Well, not a surprise, because there really isn't anything, but well.. Just follow me," he said, grabbing my hand and taking me towards a familiar tower.

It was a beautiful night, with the stars twinkling with all their might, and a small breeze flowing on. The perfect night to stargaze on the astronomy tower with a beautiful boy... who you may or may not have a crush on. But I shook that thought of, I didn't want to have a crush on Sirius solely due to his good lucks and flirting attitude.

He had already laid out some blankets for us to sit on, with some firewhiskey and butterbeer. "I wasn't sure if you wanted to drink firewhiskey, so I got both"

"It's perfect, c'mon," this time I dragged him to the blankets, and sat with the support of my palms. After a moment, he laid down to, on my lap.

Internal freak out : COMMENCE 

Hesitantly, I stroked his hair, and he closed his eyes. I stopped, thinking 'oh shit' but he just whined and took my hand and motioned me to continue doing it. Chuckling, I obliged. After a few minutes, he opened his eyes, only to fix them with my green eyes. 

"So, how are you liking your birthday so far?" He asked, whispering.

"Best one I've ever had," I whispered back. We sat there like idiots, staring at each other. I don't remember who leaned into the other first, but after a blink, our noses were almost touching, and my breath hitched. That stupid hitch jot down Sirius and I to our senses and he quickly jumped up and stood on the ground. I couldn't help but feel a bit of disappointment.

Well okay, I lied. I felt a shit load of disappointment. At that moment, one of the firewhiskey bottles shattered, and the liquid came tumbling out onto our blankets.

"Woah what the hell?" Sirius jumped, and I started laughing. What the hell is correct. As Sirius cleaned up, I looked at the glass shards trying to figure out what just happened. As is reading my mind, he asked, "What do you think happened?"

"I dunno. Maybe there was some pressure built up?" I answered weakly. I never really was good in physics when my aunt taught me. She was the only muggle in our family, except our mum and dad and stupid Petunia, who knew about me and Lily being witches. It took her some time to get used to, but well, she had no choice, as I had to live there with her for the summer vacations. 

Nevertheless, my Aunt Dorothy welcomed and accepted me, and proceeded to teach me some muggle subjects so that I had an option for a career outside the wizarding world as well. She really was the best.

Coming out of my head, I realized Sirius had cleaned up everything and was now looking at the stars. I sat down next to him, our knees touching. and copied him.

"Thanks for bringing me up here, and for giving me the best birthday ever," I whispered. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him smile softly at the stars. 

"You deserve the best," just a little sentence gave my heart the sudden motivation to go on a marathon. "That's the canis major," he said, pointing at a constellation in the sky. "And that, is-"

"Sirius," I breathed out. It was the brightest star, and I was amazed by the fact that I even found it. Even though I loved astronomy, I never really could figure out where the stars were.

"Yes," he looked at me and offered me a real smile. I gave him one back. "Why do you put yourself down so much?" he asked, so quietly that I almost didn't hear him.

"What do you mean?"

"I've seen you whenever we all hang out. You always have something to say but you never speak up. You do know we care what you're thinking about, right?"

Honestly? I was more surprised by the fact that he actually pays attention to me than that he basically figured out something I would not like everyone to know about me. Just when I think I kind of know him, he has to become someone completely different. Like boy, make up your mind.

He must have took my silence as shock (he's not wrong) and chuckled. Shaking his head, he put his arm around my waist and looked up at the stars again. Now kind of tired, I didn't complain and just put my head on his shoulder. We stayed like that for who knows how long, and the next morning, I woke up with a smile.

I may have a crush on Sirius Black, but it wasn't because of his looks or attitude, it was because of his heart.

***

A/N 

EEEEK! My heart! I hope you're liking the story! Please do give me any suggestions as to how I can improve.. Also, are these many words for a chapter okay?

 Also, are these many words for a chapter okay?