°TWO°

Highly unedited🍫
First Draft💛

"Miss Dabira, the boss wants you to handle this accounts and he wants everything perfect" The thin woman said with a scowl on her face.

Today was going bad for me and I could swear that my head is still banging despite using paracetamol this morning. Hangover can be such a bitch.

Coupled with the fact that all these people wants to test me, can y'all let me breath please? Im tired and sick of everyone trying to find out if I'm really good as my former employer said I was.

The woman walked out of my office after dropping the said files on my desk. I'm so hungry and I want to finish the file I've been working on before lunch.

"Dabira, it's time for lunch, won't you feed your stomach before this people kill you with work" Vivian poked her head into my office and I shut down my computer after saving the files.

I'm actually surprised that I remember Vivian's name despite many people i was introduced to. Maybe because she was super friendly and nice.  I stood up and I followed her while she talked about something I have no idea of.

When we walked into the cafeteria, the smell of party jollof hit my nostrils. It made me remember Iya Aduke's food. That woman is the best caterer in my area and her food has this signature taste of food that has been cooked on firewood. According to my mom, firewood makes food sweeter than using cooking gas.

After ordering, I turned to walk back to my table that's when I saw Tobi. He waved at me when our eyes met and after ordering his food, he came to our table. The same person that's the reason I'm having this kind of dramatic hangover.

"Dabira what's up now? What are you doing in my office area that you want to cause confusion with all these beauties?" He said as soon as he got to us. We both laughed and I could see people giving us weird stares.

Can y'all let me breathe, please?

"How are you feeling because I'm sure you must have woken up with one mad headache?" He asked again and I sighed.

"Omoooo, my head is banging like mad and you're to be blamed. Everyone's just piling up work for me, giving me different accounts to manage. Can y'all let me breath please?" I groaned softly and he patted my hand.

"Sorry babe, everything will be alright las las. I need to go now, lunch will soon be over and I have some investors to meet with. Bye babe and bye Vivian" He stood up from the table leaving his food untouched.

Why order when you won't eat? I guess too much money.

"Where did you sabi small oga from?" Vivian asked and I looked at her in confusion. Why is she calling Tobi small oga?

"Do you mean Tobi?"

"Yes now, Oga's son. The only fine boy in this office that everybody is crushing on"
I laughed at that crush part while Vivian stared at me.

"We are actually neighbors and he was the one that took me to a party yesterday night"

"This one you're already going to party together when you're going to the altar together and you don't call me, I will kill you ni" She added and we laughed and we ate our food in silence and we left when we finished. I took the elevator to my office while Vivian went to her office on the ground floor.

When I got back to the office, I was surprised to find the skinny woman waiting for me and she said the boss asked her to collect the files from me and I should continue working on the one I was working on before. After work, I was packing up my things while  Vivian waited for me, she offered to drop me off at home and I accepted.