°NINE°

Dabira stepped out of the car in a yellow jumpsuit paired with her black bone straight with that she got the previous week. [See picture in the multimedia]

This is the first time she's stepping into the office after taking a month break and she's sure the whole news about Tobi's engagement must have died down since that was what made her take the break in the first place.

Three days after Tobi came to her room, rumors spread around the office that he was getting married to Senator Okoye's daughter, Priscilla and when a colleague was actually bold enough to congratulate him, he told her thank you.

She traveled home back to Abéòkúta where her mum was happy to have her back. At first, she was shy to admit to her mum that she had a man issue but later on, she later explained everything to her mum.

She actually tried searching for another job but the pay wasn't satisfying and living in Lagos is pretty expensive so she needed a job that can sustain her perfectly.

"Good morning, Ameenat" She replied the nice receptionist before signing in. She looked around for Vivian but that girl has an obsession with coming late.

She walked to her office and she switched on her equipments before loading the fridge with new beverages that she got from a nearby supermarket.

She was working already before she heard a knock and she raised her head. She shouted a weak come in and the person opened the door. The perfume hit her before she could see the person and she tried to rack her brain for where she knew this woman from.

Dressed in expensive Dry lace and big bold silver earrings adorned her ears. The woman screamed class and her oval shape faced gave no feelings away. The woman looked neutral and Dabira's heart thudded loudly against the ribcage.

"My name is Madam Pelumi Adenuga, I'm Tobi's mum and i will like to have a word with you" The woman talked to her with a voice Dabira couldn't believe existed. The voice was too melodious and she stood up to pull out a chair for the woman but she waved her off.

"Have you spoken to Tobi at all since your issue happened with him? I know you're angry at him, he explained everything to me. Do not mind Patricia please" She asked softly and Dabira shook her head.

"He came to me that night that you threw him out of your room. The truth is he told me he wanted a long relationship with you and he wanted one that might lead to marriage. He said you complete him in a way nobody has ever did and I'm happy for that.
I'm here to apologise if the rumors of the wedding was what actually made you take the break or block him on all your social media accounts.
The wedding didn't take place and it wasn't going to take place in the first place. Priscilla won't threaten you again, she's pregnant for someone else.
They just want to use style to pin someone's baby on Tobi.
He would have come himself but he told you didn't want to see him and I wanted to meet the first person to turn Tobi's head and heart.
I'm sorry but I have to go now but Patricia might come at you, maybe to threaten you or something but do not let her intimidate you. She doesn't even have the power to fire anyone talkless of firing you. Thank you once again for your audience, Dabira"

She walked out and Dabira sat their rooted to her seat. She didn't even know what to say or get any chance to reply before the woman left. Only her perfume was the indication that she was actually here.

The door opened and closed again and Vivian entered. Dabira groaned loudly and she gave her the middle finger. Vivian plumped down the couch and she pulled Dabira's food flask closer.

"What did you bring from your village for me and I saw Tobi's mom leaving here and I'm wondering what she came to tell you. That woman hardly talks to anyone except if you greet her talkless of coming inside your office. I guess she came to talk about you and Tobi abi?" Vivian gushed in one breath and Dabira rolled her eyes.

"One, Abéòkúta isn't my village and two she came to talk about Tobi. Telling yen yen yen stuffs about the engagement being called off and all. Likeee even if it's called off, i don't want Tobi again" Dabira massaged her forehead and Vivian laughed.

"Omooo, when me sef heard the gist, i was just laughing. But what's done is done and if you insist you don't want him again, i support you"

"Awwwwwwnnn, baby boo. Come and hug mamma" Dabira cooed and Vivian hugged her.

"What did you bring from Ekiti for me now?" Vivian whined and Dabira laughed.

"Who went to Ekiti again? This girl, your memory isn't working oh. You just need someone to tell you" Dabira teased and Vivian stuck out her tongue.

"Shaa come and collect small yam and garri after work. I'm not giving you any of my fresh pepper, pepper is expensive now oh"

Her phone rang and she picked it.

"On my way sir.." she said before hanging up.

"Vivian, I'm coming the boss wants to see me"

Ejoor Biko Ndoo and whatever Please is in your language 😫😫😫😫♥️♥️♥️♥️

Voooottttteeee and commmeeennnntttt please ♥️♥️♥️

Hera 💒💒