°FIVE°

Dabira stared at the box of chocolates on her table and it reminded her of the sender. He went on a business trip to Russia and he will be gone for two weeks.

She missed him stopping by her office and bringing different delicacies for she and Vivian. He has been gone for just a week and two days and it felt like it has been six months. The time zone is different so they end up chatting late into the night.

Her office door opened and Vivian walked in dragging her feet as usual to announce her presence. Dabira groaned and threw the pen in her hand at her and Vivian ducked it.

"After you will open your mouth and shout I don't like Tobi yen yen yen and now he's gone for just a week and you're doing like a widower" Vivian mocked while Dabira stared at her in amusement.

"Vivian, what's the name of your secondary school first?" Dabira asked with a smirk and Vivian looked confused.

"Eva Adelaja Girls High" She replied with a shrug and Dabira burst into laughter. Vivian kept on getting more confused.

"No wonder you said I'm doing like a widower, shey you don't know that only men are called widowers and women are called widows" She laughed and Vivian finally understood why she was asking the question.

"You're mad for thinking that i don't know book. My secondary school might be public but my teachers are better than all your teachers" Vivian bragged and Dabira laughed more.

Vivian sat down in front of Dabira and she pulled her food flask towards her. She pushed it back when she found out that it was empty.

"Omooo me sef miss oga oh. I never chop chinese abi italian cuisine since last week. Those times wey he go dey order food for us. The good ol days" Vivian lamented and Dabira sighed.

She missed Tobi more than she can imagine. They've grown closer since their last date and she's glad that they were taking things at a snail pace. Sometimes they both get caught in the moment and they go close to having sex, he always stops them before it gets too far.

Many times Dabira wishes he would stop the snail pace thingy and ravish her like he promises he would but He never crosses his boundaries.

Her office door opened and she knew who it was going to be. The thin secretary of Tobi's dad, that woman had a problem with her and she doesn't even know why, she never hesitates to be rude to her even when unnecessary.

"Miss Dabira, the boss wants to see you now" She walked out banging the door after her and Dabira rolled her eyes. Vivian hissed after she knew the woman must have gone far.

Vivian stood up and she made a mock imitation of how the woman walks and Dabira burst into laughter. Dabira stood up and she pulled her short skirt down a little bit. She walked out of her office and Vivian followed her outside while she locked it. She never trusted anyone in her office except Vivian and she doesn't want a situation that she will be set up or implicated.

She took the elevator to the boss office and she walked towards the reception where the thin woman eyed her. She walked in without even acknowledging her.

She wiped her sweaty palms on her skirt before she walked in. She's always scared of Tobi's dad and she always avoid meeting him. How do you meet your boss and who also is the father of the person you're courting. If that's what she and Tobi is doing.

She pulled the door open after knocking and she walked inside the office. The boss wasn't on seat and Dabira was confused. Why didn't the secretary tell her that the boss isn't on seat or didn't she see her coming in?

She turned around to go outside that was when she bumped into him. She gasped in shock as she saw Tobi standing before her, she wrapped her hands around him tightly and he chuckled.

"But you said you didn't miss me at all yesterday night?" He teased and she pressed her face on his chest. He hugged her tight and he rubbed her back slowly.

"You said you weren't going to be back till Wednesday now, how come you came back early?" She asked and he kissed her forehead.

"I finished early and I couldn't wait to see the love of my life so I got on the next plane to Nigeria"

"Your braids is finer in real life. The camera didn't do justice to how pretty it is" he complimented while he touched it gently. Dabira had sent him pictures of the braids she made on Saturday while complaining on the outrageous price.

"I have to brief dad first but wait for me in your office and I will come get you when I'm done. Let's go for an early dinner or you could be lucky I should cook for you"

"Hope you're not planning on cooking in my apartment shaa, because I don't want you burning down my things oh" Dabira joked and he stuck his tongue out at her.

************

"Ice cream" Dabira stuck her head out of the care to call the ice cream vendor that was two cars away from theirs. She has been stuck in this traffic for over three hours with Tobi and they've not left this particular spot for like 45 minutes.

"How much own madam?" The Ice cream vendor asked and she bought N200 Superyogo and she closed the door and she locked it because of highway robbers.

Tobi switched off the ignition and he turned to look at her while she licked the ice cream. Dabira caught him staring at her and she raised her brows.

"You didn't later reply me again, you thought i will forget abi" Tobi asked and Dabira rolled her eyes. She had been praying that he forgot about the question he asked since.

"Dabira, I'm really serious about this and I think you know that too. We've known each other for a month now and I think that's enough time to stall around. I really like you a lot and I care about you. You told me you will think about it for days now and now I'm back, you still haven't given me an answer"
He removed his seat belt and he turned to face her, He shifted the braids that weren't part of the bun to the back of her head and he touched her cheeks softly.

His eyes fell to her lips that were parted slightly as she breathed slowly. He rubbed his thumb over her pink pouty lips and she sighed again. She raised her eyes to look at him. Different emotions clouded her eyes and it made all his blood rush south.

He was moving slowly towards her face while she stared at him completely unmoving when different horns blasted through the air breaking them out of their reverie.

The line was moving again and Tobi turned the key in the lock and the car roared back to life . He matched the throttle and the car sped down the road.

Pheewwww ☺️

Who else noticed the sexual tension in the car 😆😆😆

Please help me beg orex366 to please update SILENCE 😑😑😑

Anyways, your votes and comments motivate me to write early.

Love, Hera 💜💜💜