CHAPTER 16 🥀: Doubting

Reizo's POV

"Honey?" I jump off to bed and open the door of my room finding Axia sitting on the Main door of her condo.

She looks exhausted and paled.

"Honey?" I ask her once again but she just look at me and smile.

"I'm so sorry, did I wake you?"
H
"No-no, I was just busy doing some work." I lied, it was already 11 in the evening and I couldn't even sleep finding that she wasn't at home at her curfew.

"Oh-I'm sorry, we were just busy the whole day for our booth and school occasion is tired." She stood up and hug me tight. "I'm sorry.."

I just smiled on her then kiss her forehead.

"It's fine, that's why I never bother to fetch you up. I'm sorry also about that."

"Thank you and No, it was fine. I was just a little bit hungry." Natawa na lang ako sa inasal niya and ruffle her hair.

"Come on I'll cook something for you."

"No, just a toasted– bread and a nutela is fine and oh-add some milk please?"

"Okey, go and change you cloth it'll be done in a minute."

"Okey." She smile and go to her room.

While I was preparing for her food in the middle of the night suddenly the door bell rang.

Who could it be? In the middle of the night? Seriously?

I turn off the microwave and headed at the door when I saw Axia hurriedly open her room door.

"Honey?" She look shocks.

"Ye-yes?"

"Are you expecting someone?"

"No-no, I was just hungry." Then she smile ackwardly but before I could ask her the door bell rang again.

"Okey, I'll open it." I was about to walk the door when she follow me also.

Odd,

I open the door and surprise by a foreigner-look- man in his mid-50s-60s. Wearing a  formal tuxedo

"Majordome, Benzou?" Axia ask in a monotone voice.

"Bonjour, Mademoiselle Axia? I'm so sorry if I interrupt your sleep. I just wanted to give this back to you." He handed a phone at Axia while I was still confuse of this Man.

"Oh-thank you." She said then smile.

"Of course, Mademoiselle and oh-Maitrê Ice told me that you're a têtu renardê." Then he smiled and bow his head. "Good night, Mademoiselle." Then walk away headed at the elevator.

I look at Axia but she just avoid my gaze.

"Need to explain, Honey?" I ask her while following her at the kitchen.

"No need to explain, honey just relax. He was majordome Benzou the butler of the council and he just returned back my phone. I left it at the council." She smiled and zip her milk.

"And?"

"And what?" She ask me back.

"How did she know your condo unit and who's Ice?" The name Ice something boils me inside and I hate that feeling that's why I ask her in a calm voice.

"He was the president of the council." She replied in a calm voice.

"He?" He look at me with a weird expression like she was about to eat me alive.