𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞

The whole world was spinning fast and a hazy blend of colours flashed before your eyes. It made your stomach churn, and soon you feel nauseous, so you clamp a hand over your mouth in case things got out of hand.

Then, you were expelled out of the fireplace with more force than you had expected in a cloud of rubble and loose chipping. You land face-first on the floor with your head whirling, completely covered in soot, and you were certain that you had scraped your knees. With a groan, you slowly stand up and lean against a nearby wall, huffing.

You look around, noticing the towering shelves surrounding you and was filled with narrow boxes. You navigate through the countless tall shelves and manage to arrive at the front. More shelves lined the walls and there were boxes stacked neatly up to the ceiling, making the entire space look small. It seems that you came out from Ollivander's fireplace. You feel your skin tingling as you took in the dim yet enthralling atmosphere of the shop.

"It's a fine morning today," said a soft voice behind you.

You jump in surprise before turning around to face Mr. Ollivander himself. His pale eyes pierced your soul. You forgot how he rarely blinks.

It's a little weird.

"Ah, yes, I remember you," said Mr. Ollivander.

The man begins to recite the exact length of your wand, the wood it was made from and its traits. You were impressed that he managed to memorize all of it when he's probably made thousands of wands before.

"And the core was...yes, it was one of my greatest works yet," he said, "and you've been taking good care of it ever since, have you?"

Pretending that you've diligently cleaned it every day when in reality you haven't polished it for weeks now, you just nod.

"Good. Very good," said Mr. Ollivander with an approving nod.

Then, the bell rings as two customers enter. You assume it was a father with his daughter as they both had the same pale hair. When Mr. Ollivander greets them, you slip past the customers and out of the shop.

The familiar cobbled street was busy with people shopping and selling their wares. You go further down Diagon Alley, still in awe at the same sights you've seen on your first year. It never ceases to amaze you, and you think you'll never get used to such a magical place any time soon.

You spent a couple of minutes fawning over owls in Eeylops Owl Emporium (Tawny and Barn owls were your absolute favourites) before you had to remind yourself that you had to meet up with the Weasleys and Harry. Mrs. Weasley must be sick with worry by now.

You hesitantly tear your gaze away from the painfully adorable creatures before continuing on your way. When you were about to walk past the shop displaying broomsticks, the door opens and someone calls your name.

You look back, blinking owlishly before confusion melts into giddiness as you recognize Oliver Wood, another good friend of yours. He was walking towards you while carrying what looked like a polishing kit for broomsticks.

"It's good to see you, lass, how have you—" he stops, eyes widening. "What happened to you?"

You just remembered the soot all over your face and the scrapes on your knees. And your nose was aching from the impact before.

"I used Floo powder for the first time," you explain, letting Oliver drag you to the side and away from passing strangers. "It was horrible."