🔞 Stolas x Male Reader: Quick Escape/The Stars

"Look boss, I told you I got held up in traffic. I'm on my way, and can you please explain to me why it sounds like you're hiding?"

"Because I am!" he responded in a hushed tone, peaking through the blinds "Stolas came in for some damn reason and I'm trying to lay low. I've told that asshole a hundred times not to come to the office like this!"

"And you're telling me this why?"

"Because everyone else, Loona included, is out on their jobs while I'm cornered like a rat."

"Hm, he is an owl, guess that makes you his snack." you laughed.

"Stop being a smartass and get over here! Talk to him or something, get him to leave and I'll give you a bonus."

"Sure you will, calm down I'm pulling in now. I still don't see why you can't just talk to him."

"...You don't get out much, do you? The last time we 'talked', it ended up with me paying for a new desk! Do you have any idea as to how rough he is with those claws?"

"Shit, guess that explains why you needed me to bandage you that night. I'm about to enter the building now so hang tight."

"Oh thank goodness, I owe you for this (Y/N), thanks." You hung up with a heavy sigh as you entered the elevator.

"You owe me alright, saying the wrong thing to a prince could get me killed." you muttered to yourself. Once the doors opened, you were slightly surprised to see the price sitting in the lobby on his phone "Well I'll be damned, he was serious."

"Hm? You're a new face, do you work here as well?"

"Yes your highness, I'm (Y/N). I've been here for a few years now, I'm a little surprised we never met. I just got off the phone with Blitzø, he said you tend to visit him?"

"Hmph, I knew that little imp was trying to hide from me, there really is no need. I can see his horns from here." he giggled, making you laugh as you glanced at the window.

"Oh geez, it would help if he closed the blinds all the way. We can still see you sir!" you shouted, both of you laughing as he sank down lower to hide his horns "God he is such a dork."

"Yes but he's my little dork. I only wanted to discuss my grimoire with him, I need it back today and I don't know where he keeps it."

"I do, he uses one of the old offices for when we portal up. If you want I can show you where it is."

"I'd appreciate that, thank you. So tell me (Y/N), how do you like working for Blitzy?"

"Eh, it has its moments. Speaking of moments, if I had a damn dollar for every time I've been shot for that prick, I might be as rich as you."

"Goodness, I suppose not every kill has been as swift as I thought."

"Not in the slightest your highness, I should be getting a raise with all the crap I go through. Then again I do get to go back home every once in a while, so it's not too bad."

"Wait, so you're a sinner? It's rare I encounter an imp that was human in their past life. Where on Earth did you live before passing on?"

"Hawaii, proud island boy here. I had a great life before I started being a gun for hire...But I'm not gonna bore with my life story. This is it, we keep your book in here. It's nothing fancy but we also had to keep in mind the occasional mess we might get." you replied as you opened the door, revealing a cluttered office with the book sitting in a pedestal in the center.

"At least it's still in one piece. I'm just glad he kept my tip in mind with having someone stay behind with it. I will be honest, as much as I admire Blitzy, there are some days that I don't trust him with this book."