Unseen

"Julie please! Please just look at me!" Tears filled the girls green eyes. Her mocha skin and curly hair closely resembling the girl stood with the crucifix pointed out towards the boys.

"It's not fair!" She screamed. Sobs racked her body and it took all of their willpower to not look back at the girl now on her knees in front of her little sister. "I'm your sister! Julie please! I'm here! Why? God fucking dammit why!? Why can you see them but not me!!"

The girl stood, her arms thrown out to her sides as she looked at the crucifix in the girls hand, "What did I do? God, what did I do! Just let her see me, please!"

When her sisters brown eyes continued to stare through her her tear streaked face scrunched into one of anger. Her small hand swiped at the crucifix her sister clutched, letting it fly across the room and slam against the wall.

It seemed, to Julie, like it did that of its own accord, but the boys knew better. And it hurt to see what could have possibly been them had they not gotten stuck in a void.

--

The boys were finally able to sit and talk with the girl. The one sitting before them and the one that had just left were so strikingly similar, it was hard not to assume they weren't twins.

"I'm Geneva. I'm- sorry, I was Julie's older sister."

"I don't get it, how can she not see you?" Alex asked.

Geneva shrugged, her face was still blotched and stained with tears. It was kind of insane but all the boys could agree that she was still strikingly beautiful.

"All I know, is I was with my mom one minute, the next, I'm sitting up in a hospital bed, except my body didn't come with me."