Chapter 24: Alcohol Reigns Over All

A/N DISCLAIMER
RWBY is property of RoosterTeeth. Go support the first three and a half volumes, the rest are worthy of skipping....ya Bloody Heathens. Oh yes, All Music/Vids/Aet shown are property of their respective artists/companies

***3RD PERSON POV***
Location: Beacon Academy (Ozpin's Office)
Time: 10:30AM

Ozpin: "And so that's your...field report?"

Y/N: "Yes. I trust it was to your satisfaction?"

Taking a sip of his coffee, Ozpin debated on how he should answer the Plague Doctor. Salem occupying Y/N's conscience could prove to be quite the obstacle for the former wizard. Luckily, the magic barrier he had made oh so long ago around his soul proved to be effective. From Y/N's reports, Salem's connection to the boy was severed when in the presence of himself...good thinking on my part for making such a contingency plan The headmaster complemented.

Although it was a rather risky move to have Y/N aiding Salem and Roman Torchwick, it had to be done. A double agent like Y/N was priceless. So long as Ironwood never found out...Ozpin was more then willing to take the pros and cons of having this asset in his never ending war with the Grimm Queen. Taking one last sip of the black delicacy, Ozpin spoke up.

Ozpin: "Indeed. I admit, the spaghetti part was rathe humoring...if not a waste of food..."

Y/N and Ozpin then shared a laugh in reminiscence of Last Night's events.

Ozpin: "If it's no trouble to you...I would like to ask if you would take on a emergency mission."

Y/N then took a sip of his own coffee...although he had his mask on, he had a straw in his mug of delicious black liquid. He simply lifted the bottom beak, allowing the slightest opening for his precious "succy boi" to lead the scrumptious drink into his mouth.

Y/N: "I already have thirty-one missions to my name...what's another one worth?" He dryly responded.

Ozpin: *sip of coffee* "Excellent. Same rules apply, you're dismissed from class for today and tomorrow. However...this is a mission slighlty above what you've been accustomed too as of yet."

Y/N: *polite nod followed by a sip of his own coffee* "I take it we will be needing more...manpower?"

Ozpin nodded back at the boy as he began to further elaborate what he meant.

Ozpin: "Indeed. I have a few teams...though only one additional person may be suitable. The key of this mission is subtlety."

Y/N: "I see. So I'll need to mask my presence? No traces?" *sip of coffee*

Ozpin: "Exactly. This is a simple sabotage mission, but it is of the upmost importance to hide our involvement. With any luck, the White Fang will believe they were...bamboozled by the Branwen tribe."

Y/N: "I see...in that case, I already have a name handy to bring along with me."

Normally, Y/N would be disheartened to hear he could not give the "hits" a "show". However, This was Ozpin. Y/N's closest person to himself. Y/N's true friend. The only person who didn't admire the boy for his "brains" or "inventions" or even bask in his "cures results". It was rather nice change of pace to the boy...