Chapter 16: Collapsed

And I'm back, children, with another chapter.

So many of you were upset about the last chapter, and I'm afraid it won't get any better :(

Still, enjoy! 

~

Wilbur stared at him, momentarily in shock. He opened his mouth a bit, but no words came out. 

Schlatt chuckled at his reaction, before wincing from the pain.

"I- you, what? You did?" Wilbur stuttered, a tinge of disbelief in his voice. "It was me? Huh?'

"No, it was Phil."

"Oh."

"What the fuck Wilbur, of course it was you."

"Oh," Wilbur's face reddened in embarrassment. "Just hold on, I have some medicine and bandages-"

"Wilbur, no. I deserve this, okay?" Schlatt gripped his wrist. "Maybe I had a rough childhood. It doesn't give me an excuse. Times ticking. You need to stop the bomb."

Wilbur blinked. "Well, I could ask someone-"

"Wilbur, seriously. Don't worry about me. If you don't stop the bomb now, everyone here is going to die. I'll be fine. I-" he choked a bit. "I'll be in a better place."

Wilbur held back a sob. 

"The passageway is in the wall. You'll see stairs spiraling down. Follow it, and-" Schlatt croaked. "Don't let us down, okay?"

"I-" Wilbur's voice cracked. "I will."

Schlatt smiled. "Don't be sad, Will. It was your mission, wasn't it? Kill the monster that caused the chaos. Well, you completed it now! Aren't you happy?"

Wilbur felt the walls inside of him crumble, slowly crashing down. A lump formed in his throat as tears brimmed his eyes again. 

"See you soon, Wilbur Soot." 

With that, Schlatt's body relaxed. 

~

"Wilbur, we have to go! The city is in our hands!" Tommy tugged at Wilbur's coat. 

Wilbur stared at the lifeless figure blankly, muttering random words under his breath. His hands trembled a bit, like he didn't know what to do with them. "I'll- I'll try to save him- it worked with Dream, remember? You guys can go-"

"Will, none of us know how to disarm a bomb, only you do. We need you." Tommy pleaded. Wilbur exhaled lightly, still focused on his dead friend. Then, slowly, he got to his feet.

"A-alright. Techno, Dream, you follow me. Tommy, Phil, Tubbo, Nikki," he turned to the rest. "You lead everyone away. "You stay here. Make sure everyone stays away from the castle."

Everyone agreed. 

Dream ran his fingers on the walls, checking for any bumps. Wilbur and Techno did the same. 

Then, suddenly, something in the walls let out a click. Techno let out a yelp, before the sounds of someone tumbling down stairs could be heard. 

Dream and Wilbur rushed over to the hole and raced down the stairs. "Wow," Dream remarked, smirking. "Very graceful."

"Shut up babe," Techno muttered, getting to his feet. 

Dream, slightly taken aback by the name, stopped momentarily. "Did you just-"

"If you two don't mind, we have a nuclear bomb to tend to." Wilbur interrupted, before walking down the hallway.

Dream and Techno exchanged glances before following suit.