Chapter 22

You and Lera stay in your office, hugging each other.

Y/n: Lera. 

Lera: Yes? 

Y/n: I'm scared, of the future.

Lera: Well, don't be. I was instructed to not stay at your apartment, you can live there, but I can't, and every other operator has to live at the building now, as of last week. I got my own dorm, it's about the size of this room, I'll show you. 

Y/n: Okay, fine. 

You both go down towards the mess hall once was, and see all the old office rooms unused, now having a symbol of some sort, each for an operator, the glass windows boarded up. You and Lera go over to one with a yellow-black mix of colors on the door, with a hand shaped like a fist going upwards. 

Lera: That's it

Lera: That's it. 

She unlocks the door, carrying you in, it's a small room, with a medical bed for a bed, and Lera's items from the apartment, her combat uniform and weapons, papers on CBRN threats and training, and some research equipment on a desk in the corner. There's only one window with curtains, but that looks outside, not one that you can see the hallway with. 

Y/n: What's the research equipment for? 

Lera: My nephropathy, I have to constantly tweak and modify my treatments, since it grows immune to it.

Y/n: Oh. 

Lera: I'll be fine. Sit down on the bed, is only 8:30 AM. Let's take a nap, your malnourished, and I'll get you on an IV. 

Lera gets you to lay down on the bed, and puts an IV bag in your arm to feed you, you drink some water, she lays down on top of you, clearly exhausted and you both began getting your clothes off and prepared to do it, but she falls asleep. 

1 hour later...

You wake up again, the IV bag is empty, and you can't sleep, and yet, you don't wanna wake up your lover, as you both hold hands. You decide to be nice and make her breakfast, with only your pants on, using your crutches, you go over to the other side of the room, where you spot a half-eaten American MRE pack for breakfast and cook it for her. In the process of waiting for the bacon to cook, Zofia walks in. She does not notice you at first. But sees Lera asleep, but then turns around and sees you half naked. 

Zofia: WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH HER?! 

Lera wakes to this with only her bra and some shorts on, she pushes Zofia out of the room, and locks the door immediately, much to your sibling's anger. 

Lera: Christ, she'll kill us both now. 

Y/n: Tak. (Yes) 

Lera: Why are you cooking an MRE? 

Y/n: For you, to say thanks for being there, and you look tired, it's bacon and eggs, that was all there was left. 

Lera: Okay, it was meant for you. But sure, I'll eat it.