10. Smile

Song - Smile by R5
Picture - The lovely Vic :)

*Three Weeks Later*

Alysha's P.O.V

"Shit." I cursed to myself as I went through the pile of bills on my table. I was starting to get behind, and it was stressing me the fuck out. I slammed the empty pink envelope on the table. According to that piece of paper, my electricity will get shut off this weekend if I don't pay my bill by Friday.

My phone rang from beside me on the table, and I glanced over at the illuminated screen.

Victor <3

I smiled to myself before picking up the phone. Vic was just the distraction I needed right now. "Hey babe." I sighed into the phone. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked. You could practically hear the disappointment in his voice. "Bills. It's nothing though. So what do you need?" I replied. He hesitated for a little bit, but quickly responded.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come over later tonight? You can bring Shasta so you don't have to worry about her." He offered. Getting away from my house does sound appealing. It's Sunday and I don't have work until Tuesday, so I was starting to lean towards saying yes.

"Sounds great. I'll be there in like an hour." I said, finally agreeing. "Alright, I love you. See you soon." He said. "I love you." I replied, smiling. I hung up the phone and shoved it in the pocket of my sweat pants before jogging upstairs to get ready. I picked out a pair of black shorts, and a white Asking Alexandria hoodie. I argued with myself on whether I should shower or not, but then I realized I haven't showered in two days. I was in desperate need of a cleaning.

I turned on the shower water and stripped out of my old clothes. After about three minutes, the water was all heated up. I knew my skin would be tomato red when I finished, but it didn't really bother me. Showering in hot water always relaxed me for some reason.

I quickly shaved my legs and under arms before turning off the water and wrapping a towel around my body. I checked the time on my phone and realized I only had twenty minutes to finish getting ready, and drive to Vic's Well fuck.

I hurried and changed into the clothes I had picked out, brushed my teeth, and applied little makeup. I left my still almost soaking wet hair down, and decided to let it air dry as I grabbed my car keys and phone before jogging downstairs. "Shasta! Do you wanna go to Vic's?" I called out. Shasta came running down the stairs and skidded to an halt in front of me. Her tail wagging rapidly. Shasta has grown a strange liking to Vic, which was weird considering that every guy I brought home in the year Vic and I were apart, she hated and would attempt to bite them.

I laughed to myself at the memory, and carefully picked up Shasta before walking outside and locking the door behind me.

The whole car ride to Vic's was spent blasting Blink 182, and trying to keep Shasta from jumping out the window. I sighed in relief once we pulled into Vic's driveway. "Come here girl." I whispered, picking up the small puppy in my arms. I walked up to the front door and knocked on it a few times only to have it swing open seconds later.

"Ally!!!!" Jaime yelled. He moved in to give me a hug but I backed away a few feet. "Hold on Jaime, I have a dog." I giggled. "Oh, sorry." Jaime blushed, stepping aside so I could walk inside. As soon as I entered the house, I bent down to set Shasta down on the ground. Of course, she booked it over to Vic who was sleeping on the couch.

"Now can I have a hug?" Jaime asked, pouting. "Bring it in buddy." I laughed, holding my arms open. His eyes brightened as he pulled me into a friendly hug. "I take it my girlfriends here." Vic chuckled from the couch. I turned around to see him petting Shasta who was now lying on top of his chest.