chapter one [ edited ]

Third Person POV
Ladybug purified the Akuma. "Miraculous Ladybug!" She threw up her lucky charmed and yelled. Her eyes glittered as she watches the magical ladybugs restore her city. 

"Pound it," She turns her head to face her partner. They share a fist bump, like every time after they've defeated an Akuma. 

"Kitty? Are you okay? I haven't heard a pun from you in a while." Ladybug frowns noticing Chat's strange behavior. 

Chat sighs. "Nothing, Ladybug. I don't want to reveal my secret identity talking about my personal life." He looks at the sun setting in the beautiful sky. 

"I understand, Chat. Just know I'll always be there for you, no matter what." Ladybug smiles at her partner, a small glint in her eyes was reflected from the sunset.

She stared at him for a while, hoping to see his usual Cheshire cat smile. Nothing. He didn't even look at her. 

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* 

Ladybug's miraculous started beeping. She was pulled out of her daze and came back to her senses.

"Bye, my kitty. I'll see you later!" She throws her yo-yo and swings off. 

"Bye Ladybug," Chat quips and extends his baton to disappear.

--

Marinette's POV

"What's wrong, Marinette? You seem a little worried." Tikki flies to me with worried eyes. 

I sigh. "It's nothing Tikki. It's kind of stupid, I guess." Tikki doesn't back away. Her eyes push for more information. "Didn't Chat seem off to you? He just seemed out of it. He didn't even talk to me much the whole time." I lean my head on my knees.

"Do you think he's moved on?" Tikki wonders out loud.

"I think he gave up on me. I think he hates me. I could see the pain in his eyes." I respond, cringing from the memory of Chat's sad eyes. Part of me wants to believe the miraculous dulled bright green of his eyes, but that's very unlikely. 

"It's not your fault Marinette. You don't have to return his feelings you know," Tikki says queitly me, flying up to hug my cheek.

Sigh again. "I can't help but feel like I'm the one who made his smile go away. As much as I hate to admit it, I loved his cheeky grin." I can feel the back of my eyes sting. Before I know it, I break into a sob.

"Oh, Marinette." Tikki sighs while hugging me closer. "It'll be alright. Don't worry too much."

I sniffle and wipe away my tears. "Goodnight, Tikki. I'm going to sleep." I say before turning off the lights and falling onto my bed.

"Goodnight, Marinette." Tikki curls up beside me. 

--

Adrien's POV

I hear things crashing. Falling down. But my brain fails to register that I'm the one making those loud sounds. I know I'm screaming. Crying. And yet, I don't hear myself. I don't hear myself scream and wail. 

I can hear a faint voice telling me to stop. It's Plagg. 

I want to stop, Plagg. But I can't. I can't I can't I can't I can't.

More crashing. Knocking on my door. I abruptly stop. I slowly walk up to my piano. 

The silence is louder than the crashing I heard a few minutes ago. 

Then, I pound the keys on my piano. I pound them as if they're my feelings for Ladybug. A failed attempt to push my feelings about Ladybug
down
 down
  down
   down
    down.

I stop mid-song. I'm a wreck. My hands lift off the keys of the piano. Before I know it, I'm crying. Like I've been doing every night. 

Except for this time, I'm not trying to muffle my cries.

I wail loudly. I cry and I cry and I cry. I keep crying when the knocks on my door get louder. And keep crying when I hear the knocking stopped. And cry when I hear footsteps walking away. 

I cry for a good hour. Plagg cries away from me, where he thinks I can't hear him.

After a while, I can't cry. I'm dehydrated of tears. I want to rip my heart out for its betrayal.

 Finally, I stop crying. I walk over to my kwami.

"Plagg, stop crying for me." My voice is cracked and raspy when I try talking to Plagg. 

I pick his curled body in my hands. I can't help but want to cry again seeing my kwami's state in front of me. "Please stop, Plagg." I sound desperate. That's because I am.

"Plagg. Let's go to sleep. We can figure this out tomorrow. It's already 12 a.m." I place him gently beside my bed. I lie down and try drifting to sleep. 

Not enough.
Not enough.
Not enough.
Not enough.
Not enough.
Not enough.

Not enough.

My own voice echoes in my head. 

I shut it off. 

Gone. Silent. 

I close my eyes, wishing to never open them again.

Author's Note

Heyy, sorry this chapter is so sad. I'm going to edit the rest of these chapters. So if you're reading this when I'm not finished editing you may see chapters that are pretty dry. Sorry for the wait!

~ Adorbs Noir