chapter seven [ edited ]

Marinette's POV

His scent is so sweet. Shampoo and... Adrien the Fragrance? He may just be into the Gabriel Brand perfumes, but I can't help but think he's Adrien. We keep hugging as he draws slow circles on my back.

We pull apart suddenly as we hear a commotion outside. We both run to the window and look at our beloved city. Paris is covered in a gray-ish blue tint. There I see him. Chat Blanc.

"Chat?" I face him with my face in horror. I know it's an illusion but that fact doesn't stop me from reliving that day. "Marinette, what's wrong? Do you recognize that person?" He presses for answers. Of course, he wants answers. It's his doppelganger standing outside his window and he has no clue about what happened.

"Chat I," I start before I realize that he doesn't know about my superhero identity. "No, I don't. He looks exactly like you, though. I'm pretty sure it's another one of Volpina's illusions. Go get 'er, kitty cat." I urge him to go so I can transform.

"But, what about you and the picture?" He asks, worried for me. "The world needs saving, right now Chat. I'll be okay for a while don't worry about me." I tell him. He nods and starts, "I'll be back soon," but I cut him off by pressing my lips to his. "Go," I say when we part.

And so he does.

"We have to help him. Tikki, Spots On!" I call out for Tikki as she gets sucked into my earrings. I sneak a peek from my trap door to see if anyone's watching. There's no one watching as usual. I throw my yoyo and find Chat Blanc (or the illusion of him) standing on the Eiffel tower. I look around Paris and see Chat Noir trying to understand what's happening on a small rooftop.

I land behind him as he put his guard up, thinking I'm Volpina. "It's just me, kitty." He puts his staff down. "Ladybug, do you know if I ever got akumatized?" He asks.

I sigh and walk towards him. "Do you really want to know the whole story- or at least what I know about it?" I ask, making sure he's not gonna freak out when I tell him. He nods and then I start.

"So Bunnyx took me to the future one day and it was a time when you were akumatized. I still don't know why and how that happened but apparently, you had destroyed the whole city, everyone in it, and put a giant crater in the moon. Hawkmoth had found a way to aggravate you so much that you were flooded with anger and sadness."

"He multiplied your power and you could destroy things without having to recharge your miraculous. You didn't even have to call out your Cataclysm." He gasps. "Did- did I destroy you in that timeline as well? Is that why Bunnyx needed the past you?" He looks terrified.

I nodded sadly and put my arms around him. "I'm sorry kitty cat. I wish I'd known more so I could prevent it from happening again." He puts his arms around me. "I'm sorry that you had to see that, Ladybug."

"But the real you is here so that Chat Blanc is an illusion. Maybe Lila got akumatized again." He nods and then we pull apart from each other. 

"Let's go get her, kitty." I throw my yoyo and Chat follows. 

-- time skip --

"Bye-bye little butterfly," I say as the white butterfly appears from my yoyo and flies away. 

I throw my lucky charm into the blue sky. "Miraculous Ladybug!" And a gush of wind repairs the damage done in the city. 

"Pound it!" I bump my fist with Chat Noir. "I have to go now, Ladybug. See you soon." He extends his staff into the sky.

He's probably making his way to my place and I better get there before he does. I smile to myself as I swing my yoyo in the sky. 

Marinette POV / A few minutes after defeating the villain

He really seems to love me, but how will he react when I tell him that I'm Ladybug. The lady that stepped on his feelings and crushed his heart over and over again. I hope he doesn't like getting revenge. I feel sorry for what I did but I wouldn't blame him if he wants to be done with me once and for all.

I force myself out of these thoughts and focus on the more important matters at hand. The picture that was photoshopped. I cringe at the memory of it just as my phone starts to ring.

*Ring, Ring, Ring*

It's from an unknown number. I nervously pick up the call. "Hello? Who is this?" I ask just as someone leaps behind me.

"Hey Marinette, It's me, Nathanial." The voice on the phone starts to speak. I mentally facepalm myself and think of a way to let him down slowly. Chat steals the phone from me and answers for me.

"Hey, it's me Chat Noir, I'm so sorry to inform you that Marinette is not romantically interested in you. In fact, this photo is edited and she informed me to keep her safe from unwanted eyes. Thank you for your cooperation until we figure out who did this." He disconnects the call after that and glares at me.

"What's wrong?" I ask referring to the frown on his face. "You left the trap door unlocked, Marinette. What if someone, an akumatized villain, in fact, wanted to kidnap you?" I sigh and actually facepalm myself for being this careless.

Adrien POV

"Princess, you should really take care of yourself more often, what if someone knew about us and came to harm you while I wasn't here?" I spoke as she face-palmed herself. I strode closer to her.

"Mhm, I understand Chat but I was really worried about the photo that it completely slipped from my mind." I looks at me with her large bluebell eyes and I can't help but give in. "Okay fine, you win." She giggles and tackles me onto the bed. "So how do we find out who's behind all this?" She asks me.

"I think I have an idea who could've helped in doing this but just give me a few days to confirm," I tell her as I think about the particular red-head. She raises an eyebrow. "Chat, who is it?" She drags out my name playfully.

I pull her waist closer to mine. "I don't want to point fingers right now. When I know for sure, I'll tell you, okay?" She does her cute angry pout. "Okay fine."

I embrace her as my eyelids feel heavy. "Is it okay if I slept here again?" I mumble feeling too tired to go home. "I want you to sleep here, Chaton." She replies and I feel her breath on my neck. I snuggle into her shoulder as she pulls herself closer to my chest.

If only I can have her in my arms all the time. Then, I would be absolutely complete.