chapter nine

Volpina!

"Oh, sweet Marinette, I thought you loved Adrien. What is going to happen when he finds out that you are dating Chat Noir?" 

I try to speak but the towel muffles my speech and all it comes out is "Mph, Mph, Mphhh"

"Oh, I know that you aren't really dating him, to him you are just a fangirl. Hah! But I have the power of Illusion now, and I can make it look like anything"

Volpina lifts me and runs out of my room. Tikki! I remember. I can't transform into Ladybug without her and she is at home. And me- I don't know where I am. Volpina is running on the rooftops taking me somewhere. I feel dizzy. I can't focus on one thing. Why is everything spinning? 

Chat Noir POV / Late at Night

"Princess?" Her trap door was open again, but this time she wasn't here to tell me that she was okay. I ran out of the trap door and entered the way from the front door? I asked her parents if Marinette was at home but they said they didn't hear anything from her after she came from school. I ran up to her room and her parents followed me. 

"Marinette!" We all shouted as we dashed up the stairs.

"Oh no, she isn't here." I heard Mrs. Cheng cry on her husband's shoulder. 

"Don't worry, I will find your daughter I promise. Let's go to the police station first and report the case."

Chat Noir/Adrien POV - In bed after leaving the police station

"Who could've done this. She is the kindest person I know and she doesn't hurt a fly. Who hates her so much? My poor Princess. I swear when I find the person that did this to her-"

"Adrien calm down, you could get akumatised and Ladybug would have to fight you"

"You are right Plagg, but what do I do? She is waiting for me to save her and I don't have a clue where she is."

"Listen, Adrien, I know that she is important to you but you can't think properly right now. You are mad, upset, stressed out, tired, and you haven't had any dinner yet. Go to bed, tomorrow we will investigate more on this with a fresh mind. Okay?"

"Okay Plagg, I will go to sleep now"

"Goodnight"

"It won't be one until I know that my Princess is safe"