chapter ten

Marinette POV/ The Next Day

Huh? Where am I? Why do I feel so lightheaded? Where is Tikki? I try to move my hands but soon realize they are chained to a pole. I am kept in a dark room with one opening behind me. Suddenly, I see the shadow of someone coming in. Volpina. I remember now. I have been kidnapped!

"You've woken up. How was your slumber?"

"Let me out Volpina," I yell struggling to get out from the chains.

"If I wanted to, I wouldn't have kidnapped you, silly"

"At least tell me why you have captivated me here"

"I heard you talking to Alya about Chat Noir. About your kiss. I didn't think Chat Noir would fall for someone like you and now I know I was right. Nobody is looking for you and your Prince didn't even notice you were gone" She smirked at me.

"No, they must be looking for me. I'm sure Chat has noticed it."

"HAHAHA! Bye Marinette"

"Wait, let me go!" I yelled as she left the room.

Volpina POV

Ugh! I hate that girl. She has the attention of all the guys in our school. Her chirpy little smile catches the attention of everybody. Even I can't help but smile back at her sometimes even though I hate her. It's unfair how everybody likes her and now even Chat Noir loves her. But since Hawkmoth has given me the power of illusions again so I can spoil her reputation.

Marinette POV

Heh. She forgot that I still have my phone. I struggle a bit but soon I get it out of my pocket. I turn it on to see that it's dead. Oh No!

Adrien POV

"Please Father, I feel sick today. I can't go to school"

"Sure, Nathalie, take Adrien up to his room. If you ever need something just ask Nathalie."

"Thank you, Father"

Once I reach my room. I need to go and look for my princess as Chat Noir. I am sick. Only with worry, though.

"Thank you, Nathalie. I will be in my bed" I say as Nathalie leaves my room.

"Plagg, Claws Out!" I jump out of my window and go straight to the police station. 

"Did you guys find out anything about Marinette yet?"

"No, but we have a search team out there looking for her. We also put up flyers of her missing"

"Thank you, gentlemen, but I have to leave now"

I jump out of the station and start running on the rooftops until I land on the top of the Effiel Tower, I can get a better view from here. Wait, I think I see someone. A girl with an orange suit on... Volpina! I decide to follow her sneakily. Didn't Ladybug and I defeat her? Or.. was it all one of her illusions?