how sakusa met atsumu

↬ in this au, sakusa and atsumu dont know each other personally. and sakusa's not much of a germaphobe since he started taking therapy to fix it.

-

Atsumu was feeling down since the last two weeks. There were just one of those days where he would feel sad, insecure and would avoid human interaction without any proper reason which would annoy his brother, Osamu, but he would just let his brother sulk at the end because he knows how to respect his own brother's feeling.

"Tsumu, get up." Osamu said, softly nudging his brother who is now still under his blanket.

"Leave me alone." replied Atsumu, still not bothering to uncover himself from his sheets.

"Ya know that I would just let ya rot here in yer room but we have a practice match today, thank you very much." Osamu said, coating his last sentence with complete sarcasm. He would gladly let his own brother sulk 'til he won't feel sad anymore but not today because their captain, Kita-san, want Atsumu to play today.

"Mhhmm, don't care. Let someone play my role for today. I'm just not feeling it for today." Atsumu said, completely shrugging off what his own brother said.

Atsumu's reply made Osamu shocked and a bit worried because this is not how Atsumu is. His brother's love for volleyball is so big that he even decided to play pro someday, that's why Osamu doesn't understand why his twin said that he wasn't feeling it today and just let someone take his role for today. That's not the Atsumu does he know.

Osamu took a sit at the end of Atsumu's bed and gave him a soft pat on his left calf.

"Are you okay?" Osamu asked silently, completely worried about his twin.

"No, Samu. I feel like shit the other day and today, and maybe I would even feel like shit tomorrow and the day after." Atsumu answered softly but the impact of his words were strong.

Osamu let a gentle smile escaped his lips while looking at Atsumu who is still wrapped under his blanket.

"I wouldn't force you to play right now if you feel like that today and I know Kita-san and the others too." Osamu let out a deep sigh. "But can you at least show yourself to Coach and the team? You've been skipping practice and when you ran into them at school you just avoid them like as if they are air."

Because of what Osamu said, Atsumu slowly uncovers himself before sitting up on his own bed, leaning his back to the cold wall behind him.

"The way I'm avoiding them sounds awful." Atsumu makes a face of disgust which made Osamu laughed a little because of his brother's reaction.

"But alright.. " Atsumu said, which almost sounds like a whisper to Osamu because of how quiet it came out of his mouth. "I'll show myself to the team but I'm not playing for the practice match." Atsumu said the last part with firmness.

Osamu rolled his eyes out jokingly at his brother. "It's not like I can force you to do something out of your will." He scoffed.

"Excuse you? You literally had me dyed my hair to the ugliest shade of yellow just because I lost to our li'l bet!" Atsumu said begrudgingly. "My hair looks like piss and it's all thanks to you." Atsumu said with every sarcasm left in his body before standing up to get a towel.

"You're welcome, by the way!" That was the last thing he heard from Osamu before shutting down the door to his room to go to the bathroom at the end of the hall.

-

Sakusa Kiyoomi was feeling bored like always. He was at Hyogo prefecture, at the Inarizaki High School to be exact. His school, Itachiyama Institute has a practice match for today with Inarizaki High School. They literally travelled for hours just to have a practice match with people who live far away so he's expecting that they better be good challengers.