Chapter One: The Beginning

[1999]

Aaliyah's P.O.V

[Me]

"Ooh, who keeps buggin you

Or who's been loving you, tell me

"are you" are you "that somebody,"

Or is it you been loving on somebody else..."

  It was 1999. Ginuwine and I were making it hot in the studio. We were working on our single called, "Final Warning." The song sounded so dope so I bobbed my head to the beat of the track as Ginuwine killed the mic with his sweet tenor vocals.

[Ginuwine]

"I'm always gonna be the "same ol G"

Are you leaving or staying with me?

Tell me."

[Course]

"Not right now i'm busy

Call me in the morning, Oooh

Your telephones awful busy

They callin in the morning, Oooh

That was your final warning, don't call me in the morning Oooh..."

[Me/Repeat]

"So who keeps buggin you..."

The track came to an abrupt end and I removed my headphones. Me and Ginuwine looked at each other and gave a brief hug. My man Timbo talked to us through the speaker.

"What an amazing duo. We have officially completed this song," Timbaland announced, clapping his hands together. I smiled at him and Gin. I felt so glad to wrap the song up. I couldn't wait for my loyal fans to hear it.

"Yeah this song is great. I needa go home and rest my feet y'all. I can't hang anymore. Liyah, Tim, I'll catch y'all later a'ight?" Ginuwine said, walking out of the music booth.

"Bye Elgin," I playfully replied, walking out from behind him.

He sucked his bright teeth as he walked pass Missy. I grabbed the water bottle off the table and began to quench my thirst. Soon afterwards, my loving Uncle walked in with his pimp looking suit and hat. He had a suitcase and some papers which I'm guessing is for me. He opened up his arms and we shared an embracing moment.

"How are you baby girl," I heard him say in my ear.

"I'm fine Uncle Barry. So what's up," I responded, attaching away from him.

"Well," he continued, "I just got a call from the 21 Under 21 Magazine and they want you apart of the photoshoot. Does that fit your schedule sweetie?"

"Um what time?"

"5:30 to 7:00."

"Sounds perfect. Tomorrow right?"

"Yes indeed."

"I'll fit that right in my schedule then," I answered smiling so cheesy.

"Okay great. I'll let the people know. Love you Aaliyah," Uncle Barry mentioned before leaving out the door.

"Love you too," I returned. He walks out the studio door and closed it. I looked at my producer who seemed jealous.

"What Tim?"

"Why he ain't ask me if I wanted to be apart of it?"

"Maybe 'cause you over 21," I explained laughing. Timbaland rolled his eyes at me. That made me laugh even more as I take a seat by Missy.