Chapter Three

Twilight passed the solution over to Fluttershy, who gently pulled the cork off with her mouth and began to pour the mixture into the crack. It filled it to the brim, but then it began to boil and hiss.

They all took a step back in shock as the stone began to sizzle and melt before their eyes. The ponies watched as the stone cracked and shattered, setting the villains free, and braced themselves with closed eyes.

Nothing happened.

Gingerly, they all opened their eyes and saw that the villains were gone- they had vanished, and all that was left was the shattered stone on the ground in a pile.

***

Lord Tirek, Cozy Glow, and Chrysalis felt like they could move once more. They all sat up to see that they were in a dark and dampened clearing with woods surrounding it. "Where are we?" Cozy Glow groaned, rubbing her head.

"I have no idea," Chrysalis responded, getting to her feet and looking around through narrowed eyes. She realized that they were right beside a cabin, and she strode inside, head held high.

As she entered, the bell jingled. Looking around, she realized that the cabin was quite warm and cozy. A desk lay before her, and a unicorn was there, struggling to open a potion bottle filled with red and purple liquid.

She noticed the customer and quickly set the bottle down, facing Chrysalis. "Oh, hello! Welcome to, um... My "shop."" She made air quotes around the word. "What can I do to help you?" she questioned.

"Do you know who I am?" Chrysalis hissed at the unicorn, glaring. "Uh, nope. In case you haven't noticed, I don't live in Equestria, so I have no idea what goes on there." She gestured to the window. "Hence everything being less fancy. So, no, I do not know who you are, what your name is, or where you're from, and if you'd be so kind as to enlighten me with answers, then we'd probably understand each other much more," the strange unicorn stated.

Chrysalis paused, unsure of how to react. Was (Y/N) mocking her? She paused, then scowled, remembering what state she was in. "Me and my accomplices need a place to stay for a while, until we regain our strength," she told (Y/N) viciously. "And this looks like a place suitable enough."

(Y/N) paused for a moment, then nodded in agreement. "I'll strike you a deal, Chrysalis. I'll let you stay here until you regain your strength, but you have to occasionally help out with chore work. Deal?"

Chrysalis rolled her eyes, knowing that she was in no place to make threats. "Deal," she responded, shaking her hoof. "Great! How many of you are there?" (Y/N) questioned, blowing a strand of her hair out of her face.

"Three, counting us all," she grumbled. (Y/N) beamed. "Greeeat. And lucky for you, I have exactly three guest rooms upstairs. So make yourselves comfortable while I wait for more creatures to walk through and ask for what they need."

She sat back and watched as Chrysalis poked her head outside. "Come on," she growled to the others. "I've got a place where we can stay."