Chapter Nineteen

Cozy Glow knocked on a large wooden door that loomed over them, its shadow basking them in darkness. "So Zecora's sister lives in here?" (Y/N) questioned with a raised brow, beginning to have doubts.

Before the pegasus could respond, the peephole slid open. Two amber eyes stared down at them. "Who is there?" a female voice boomed. "Oh, hello, Azalea! It's Cozy Glow! I brought a friend with me because I need a favor for them," she said in an adorable voice.

"Cozy Glow? You decide not to visit me for years and now that you need something, you do?" Azalea growled. "Come on! I've been really busy. Please, Azalea? It's for a friend." (Y/N) stiffened. Did Cozy Glow call her a friend?
Her heart warmed slightly, but she shoved the feeling down. "Fine," she spat, and the door swung open, revealing a zebra. She looked like Zecora, except for the amber eyes and dark magenta stripes on her skin.

Azalea ushered them in and slammed the door shut behind them. "What is it that you need?" she muttered, sitting down. "Well, (Y/N) here needs to rescue another one of our friend's from Tartarus," Cozy Glow told her with a frown, her eyes watering slightly as she sniffed. "It'd really be a shame if we couldn't rescue him. We miss him so very much," she choked out.

Azalea sighed. Cozy Glow had played on her weak spot- the zebra couldn't stand to see anyone so miserable. "Okay. But we all need to recite this spell or it won't work," she demanded, walking over to her shelf and drawing out a large, dusty book.

Laying it near them, she flipped open to a certain page. "Cozy Glow, (Y/N)- both of you need to stand on either side of the book," she directed, and the two ponies obeyed her words. "Speak with me," Azalea told them, then began to recite an enchantment.

"Open the gateway

From down below

Open the gateway

To take a creature home

Open the gateway

To Tartarus it seems

Open the gateway

So he can be freed,"

She finished, and a portal formed on the ground. "I wish you luck," she told them both as they jumped in.

(Y/N) landed solidly on the ground, groaning slightly when her injured leg hit it as well. Cozy Glow landed beside her, and got to her feet as she looked around. A staircase led upwards to a platform with rocks jutting up from the sides. "Up here," the small pony told her friend.

(Y/N) swallowed and followed up after her small accomplice. "So... How did you know he was up here?" (Y/N) asked her. Cozy Glow snorted and rolled her eyes. "I was banished to Tartarus, too, you know," she informed.

(Y/N) nodded slightly as they finally reached the top. There, in a cage, was a buff-looking Tirek. He sat there, looking frustrated, with his arms crossed. His head snapped around at the sound of hoofsteps.

His eyes widened slightly when he saw them. "What are you doing here?" he grumbled, acting like he wasn't glad to see them. "Oh! Tirek, it's so good to see you again!" Cozy Glow exclaimed, playing off on her adorableness and rushing up to the cage, swinging it open.

He stepped out and stretched slightly. He glanced at (Y/N) for a brief moment, then looked back down at the small filly. "How did you guys get here, anyway?" he muttered. "Oh, I have my ways..." Cozy Glow told him mischievously, sitting on his head. "Get off," he snarled, shaking it.

(Y/N) turned away. "Yeah, yeah. Let's get out of here," she growled, lifting into the air. "How?" Cozy Glow asked. "Just like you have your ways, I have mine," (Y/N) told her, smirking slightly as her horn lit up a bright (F/C).

Slowly, a hole was ripped into the ground, though instead of showing rock, it showed the barren landscape of Rusty Bucket. "Go on," she demanded, becoming impatient as it became harder to hold open.

The two leaped through, and she dropped down after them, taking care not to land on her sprained leg. Straightening her posture, (Y/N) looked around for a moment. Faintly, in the distance, a scream was heard.

"Did you hear that?" she questioned, her ears pricking and eyes narrowing. "Hear what?" Tirek asked in his nasally, rough voice. The sound came once more, though clearer and from the direction of the rental houses.

"That scream? What about it?" Cozy Glow questioned, looking slightly confused. (Y/N) stood slightly, trying to remember where she'd heard that voice before, when the realization hit her like a stone.

"Lucky," she muttered, then blasted off like a rocket, towards their "home." She was there in less than a few seconds. Tirek and Cozy glanced at each other, then followed after her. When they got to the scene, they saw that the front door had been busted open, and the house had been messed up slightly.

Walking in, they saw a terrified-looking Lucky huddling in the corner and shivering, while (Y/N) was facing Chrysalis, her horn alight as the changeling was pinned to the wall with her magic. "WHAT WAS THAT?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" (Y/N) hissed with fury.

Chrysalis frowned. "He's a love-filled pony! What did you expect me to do? Let him leave?" (Y/N) stared at her for a moment. "YES! That's exactly what you're supposed to do!" Chrysalis shrugged and looked away. "Should have told me that before."

(Y/N) stood still for a brief second, then shook her head. "You know what? I am done. So done, I'd jump off a bridge. Literally-" she vanished as her horn lit up a bright (F/C). Chrysalis dropped from the wall and landed on her hooves. "Hmm. Not that I'd take any orders from the likes of her."

Cozy Glow shot towards the Queen of Changelings. "What was that?!" she shouted, glaring. "What?" Chrysalis questioned with a sour expression. "You know exactly what! Why would you do that?!" Cozy Glow demanded.

"Excuse me, small filly, but I was trying to feed. Do you have a problem with that?" she responded coolly.

Cozy Glow scowled. "No!" she spat. "But (Y/N) sure does!"

Chrysalis froze. "So that's what this is about. This isn't about Lucky. This is about (Y/N)..." she took a step towards the small alicorn. "Have you... let's say... taken a liking to this creature? Dare I say befriended her?"

Cozy Glow, realizing her slip of the tongue, quickly tried to cover it up. "What? No! Of course not! I- I-" Chrysalis cut her off with a scoff. "Precisely. Such a traitor. What can you expect?" she spoke aloud, a manipulative glint in her eye.

"I AM NOT FRIENDS WITH THAT PONY! She's just a pawn in our game!" Cozy Glow shouted with venom in her voice, guilt hardening in her stomach. At that moment, (Y/N) emerged from a doorway.

She had a blank expression that held no emotion. "Not a surprise," (Y/N) spoke, turning her head to face Cozy Glow. "I was expecting this. And guess what, Chrysalis? I think you were right. Friendship is just a disease." Lucky blinked at (Y/N), looking up.

She glanced at him, and her frown ceased slightly, though still remained etched on her face. "So, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll be leaving." She gave a mocking smile as her horn went alight. Lucky stood up and ran towards her, but she stomped her hoof and a wave knocked him sideways as she vanished from view.

Phew! Chapter is finally up!

TIREK: SHUT UP! I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!

Woods! Anyway, gotta go!