Chapter Seventeen

(Y/N) awoke to the morning sun shining through her window. Blinking open her eyes blearily, she remembered that the effects of the fountain had worn off by now. Her stomach felt empty, but she forced the feeling down and left her room.

Tirek was groggily rubbing the side of his head as he sat up on the couch. "I just had the oddest dream," he muttered. "Oh, I can assure you, that wasn't-" Cozy Glow began, flying down, but (Y/N) cut her off. "Shut up, Cozy Glow!" she shouted, her horn glowing (F/C) as she stared at the filly threateningly.

"Well, golly! If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were afraid," the pegasus told (Y/N) lightly with a smug look on her face.  

(Y/N) scowled at her and poured some orange juice into her cup, drinking it. "I need to get rid of this splitting headache," Tirek muttered, getting up and leaving the rental apartment. Cozy Glow landed on her stomach directly in front of (Y/N), keeping her look.

As she swung her back legs in the air, she put her hooves on either side of her face. "The way you manipulate people with your adorableness is revolting," (Y/N) growled, taking another sip of her orange juice.

"I know. Anyways, guess what I'm going to do?" she questioned, still having that uneasy look on her face. "What?" (Y/N) grumbled, the cup still on her mouth.

"I'm going to ask Tirek if he had a good dream," Cozy Glow muttered quietly. (Y/N) spat out her drink. "WHY YOU LITTLE-"

***

Twilight stepped over towards the houses. It was broad daylight- it looked almost noon-ish. Sucking in a tired breath, she let it out and was about to give up when she spotted a familiar bulky centaur among the ponies.

She blinked in surprise, then knew what she had to do. Twilight let her horn glow a light purple as she walked up behind the centaur. "Tirek!" she shouted. He spun around and crossed his arms, rolling his eyes.

"You again. What do you want?" he groaned. "You know exactly what I want. You're getting sent back to Tartarus!" Twilight exclaimed at him. He let a grin form on his face. "Oh, this will be fun."

Twilight fired at him, but he dodged. Unfortunately, one of his back legs caught on a rock and he fell. The princess used her magic to wrap up his legs in a glowing, bright blue rope, forcing him to be stuck there.

Just as she prepared herself to banish him, a familiar pony landed in front of her. (Y/N).

The alicorns horn was glowing (F/C), and she glowered at her. Twilight blinked in momentary surprise, but then caught back on guard. "What are you doing? Let me at him!" she exclaimed in anger.

(Y/N)'s glare only hardened. "Why? If you haven't forgotten, you told Celestia that I was an alicorn. You told Celestia that I was housing villains, which was completely my business, by the way, AND you got me evicted from my only home!" she shouted, stepping forward. "In case you haven't noticed, I don't like you very much anymore, Princess of Friendship."

(Y/N) spoke her name out mockingly. Twilight braced herself. "I'm sorry, (Y/N)," she breathed out, firing at her. Everything was still for a moment, and when Twilight opened her eyes, her eyes widened in shock when she saw that (Y/N) was holding her power in place.

"Don't do that again," she snarled, then shot at Twilight. She barely managed to escape. (Y/N) ducked as a beam of light soared over her head. Fortunately, it hit the ropes securing Tirek's legs together, and he was freed.

Distracted slightly, (Y/N) fumbled for a second, and Twilight landed a square hit on her. (Y/N) felt pain shoot up her leg as she was tossed across the sandy, cracked landscape. Twilight felt guilt in her chest as her foe stumbled to her feet, wincing slightly as her back hoof touched the ground.

Twilight mentally apologized as she sent another powerful surge (Y/N)'s way- but it never landed. Tirek caught and absorbed the magic, growing a few inches in height and strength. He fired at Twilight, and Cozy Glow came out of nowhere, knocking her to the side.

The princess landed roughly on her side, rocks scraping it so that it left a couple of scratches. Sore and slightly battered, Twilight stumbled upwards and shrank back when she saw Cozy Glow and Tirek looming over her.

With a small yelp, she teleported away from sight.

(Y/N) used her wings to hover above the ground so she would not put weight on her injured leg. By now, Twilight had vanished and Cozy Glow had shot up to her. "What did she do to you?" she questioned, eyes wide.

(Y/N) shrugged. "Twisted my leg. Nothing too harsh," she responded, moving her injured hoof a small amount. "Let's just get back. I don't want to stay in sight," she muttered, then quickly soared back to the rental house with Cozy Glow above her.

Tirek, though, stayed right where he was. He scratched the side of his head in slight confusion. Why had he helped (Y/N) out? Did he...?

He glowered to himself. Nonsense! It's ridiculous! He thought. "All she is is a pawn in our game," he whispered quietly, denying his thoughts. "Absolute ludicrous..." he muttered, walking towards the rental house as (Y/N) and Cozy Glow had done a few minutes before.