Chapter Six

It was time for Lucky's birthday.

Great.

(Y/N) was rushing to get her money sorted out. Lucky needed the absolute best gift that he could get, and she needed someone to watch the shop while she was gone. "Hey, er, (Y/N)?" Cozy Glow questioned the unicorn with round, adorable eyes.

"Yeah?" she questioned, facing her. "Can I watch the shop while you're gone?" she pleaded with a baby voice. (Y/N) blinked at Cozy Glow, shadows under her eyes. "You know what? Sure. Just realize that this shop is the only thing I have in this life, so you mess it up, then I get messed up."

With that, (Y/N) spun around and left the shop/house. "Well, that was easy," Cozy Glow muttered, then went to the front desk and put on her disguise.

(Y/N) met Lucky at Ponyville. It was quite a way, which was why (Y/N) got up so early, but was determined not to show her tiredness. Lucky beamed at her, and she did the same in return. "Ready, kiddo?" she asked him, and he nodded excitedly, walking up to one of the snack stands.

As he picked out a few snacks that he wanted, (Y/N) gave the money to the pony at the stand, who grinned and waved goodbye as they walked away.

***

It finally reached dusk. (Y/N) was exhausted. She dropped Lucky off at his house, and as she was dragging herself home, two glowing eyes, along with a meow, emitted from the woods. Glancing over, she saw a shadow that resembled a cat. It meowed once more.

"What's a little fella like yourself doing out here?" she muttered, her vision blurry. It looked like the shadow was growing, but each time she blinked, it was still in its original position. She took another step forward, and she heard her name being distantly being called by one voice. Then another. Two voices were calling her name.

(Y/N) concluded it was her imagination and tried to focus on the animal that was before her, but found herself not being able to. In a split second, everything had gone black and cold.

Everything felt fuzzy. Warmth soaked into her limbs. (Y/N) heard the familiar sound of a crackling fire. The ground beneath her was no longer a chilling cold- but soft. She slowly opened her eyes and let the world focus around her. She was in her living room.

The fireplace was lit up with fire. The scent of wood filled (Y/N)'s nose as she blinked once more and lifted up her head slightly. "Oh, you're awake!" Cozy Glow's voice filled her ears, and she lowered them slightly, still sensitive to loud noise.

"How- what happened?" (Y/N) muttered, narrowing her eyes at the filly. "Oh golly! Well, I'll start at the beginning," Cozy Glow began.

Cozy Glow sat at the desk in her office. "Ugh. Now I get why she's so tired all the time," she groaned. Through the window, she saw (Y/N)'s figure coming down the trail slowly and tiredly. Cozy Glow sat up and faced Tirek, who was the only one awake and was playing solitaire.

Chrysalis had already gone to bed. "Why is (Y/N) moving so slowly?" she questioned aloud in wonder. Tirek looked up and swished his tail on the floor. "No idea," he responded, his raspy voice filled with irritation.

Sitting up, Cozy Glow made her way to the window, and her ears instantly fell to the sides of her head. "Oh, no. She's talking to something in the forest, and it does NOT look good," she said, opening the door and stepping out to get a clearer look while Tirek rolled his eyes and followed after her.

They saw a small figure that resembled a cat in the forest with bright glowing eyes. "What's a little fella like yourself doing out here?" (Y/N) murmured drowsily, looking obviously sleep deprived. It grew larger until it took the form of a monster. (Y/N) blinked a few times, not noticing the changes.

She took a step forward. "(Y/N)!" Cozy Glow called. "Stop!" Tirek watched as Cozy Glow flew forward and followed after until they were both calling her name. After all, they couldn't let their pawn die, now could they?

Cozy Glow watched as (Y/N) fainted on the spot and landed on her stomach as the darkness stretched out to drag her into its depths. She lifted her up and growled at the darkness, which retreated fairly quickly.

(Y/N) was out cold, her body limp and surprisingly light in Cozy Glow's arms. She and Tirek shared a slight glance of true concern, but it was quickly wiped away as they began to remember their duties.